• 7(current)
Release Syfy Channel Video Addon
(2016-03-30, 05:37)jalder Wrote: I'm having trouble with the SyFy add-on with a fresh install of Kodi (v16) on a new RaspberryPi 3. All of the Syfy shows seem to error out using 3.0.1 from the repo. I'm using a stock install of OSMC. Could there be something funky using RPi3 hardware? Here is my log. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The kind of errors that you have indicate that either https in ffmpeg is not supported, or that you are outside the US and need a VPN. I can't tell without a detailed debug log.
I am in the US. I was just looking into ffmpeg. How can I check for ssl support in ffmpeg? I'm using OSMC, which seems to favor avconv. That said, the log I linked to says "FFmpeg statically linked, version: 2.8.6-kodi-2.8.6-Jarvis-16.0" on line 7. For future reference, was the debug log I posted insufficient or incorrectly done? I'd rather get it right next time.

When I run 'which ffmpeg' nothing is returned, but it must be buried in OSMC somewhere. Maybe I can track down the ffmpeg compile flags on the OSMC forums.
(2016-03-30, 06:20)jalder Wrote: I am in the US. I was just looking into ffmpeg. How can I check for ssl support in ffmpeg? I'm using OSMC, which seems to favor avconv. That said, the log I linked to says "FFmpeg statically linked, version: 2.8.6-kodi-2.8.6-Jarvis-16.0" on line 7. For future reference, was the debug log I posted insufficient or incorrectly done? I'd rather get it right next time.

When I run 'which ffmpeg' nothing is returned, but it must be buried in OSMC somewhere. Maybe I can track down the ffmpeg compile flags on the OSMC forums.

If you are at Jarvis, I kinda doubt that the ffmpeg build is without SSL. You can get a more comprehensive view by enabling 'component level' logging and selecting ffmpeg and libcurl for logging. This will create a really big log, not sure that it can be uploaded.
To follow up, it looks like "--enable-protocol=https" is not set in the ffmpeg compile flags on the current build of OSMC (2016.02-4). Here are the compile flags currently being used. Hopefully this can be enabled in future builds.
Some sort of update occurred when I checked the Syfy channel again...and it started working again. Thanks for your time...matter resolved.
I submitted Version 3.0.2 to the kodi.org repo.

Adds the ability to add a Syfy TV Show to the Kodi Video library.

You need to add /home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.syfy/TV Shows/ as a video source and select content type as 'TV Shows', AFTER you add the first video from the addon to the library. Do a scan all items when you set the content type. After that, the videos should automatically get added to the library. I had to restart Kodi after setting up the video source on Android to get it to auto-scan for subsequent shows

The context menu allows you to 'Add to Library' when TV Show (not episode) is selected.

Update should be available in a few days.
Is Syfy still working for anyone?
(2016-07-04, 16:29)Eye in the sky Wrote: Is Syfy still working for anyone?

fine for me. Watched an episode last night no problem.
I had an issue with my Smart DNS, everything is working fine now.

Thanks for checking.
I am using KODI on Philips Android TV , but most videos are not working, especially SyFy.
I live in Germany, what should i do.
Syfy is geo-locked to US IP addresses.
Has syfy gone down this evening? Was working today then streaming stopped mid programme. Now listings don't load/scrape for all of my devices. Website changes maybeHuh
Works for me after a couple of tries. Looks like the website is a bit flaky today.
(2016-07-22, 00:50)learningit Wrote: Works for me after a couple of tries. Looks like the website is a bit flaky today.

Yep! Agreed. Listings taking much longer to load and had to retry a couple of times, but working ok today!
Love the SyFy plugin for for Kodi. Makes watching the shown much easier.

My only problem is sometimes I don't have the bandwidth for 1080p. And a lower bandwidth size would be better.

Is it possible to add an option to choose between say 1080 and 720?
(Not sure is a lower option is offered by SyFy.com)

I've had a look at the plugin code, and the SyFy site, in the hope of offering suggestions, but my Python is just a bit too beginner at the moment. Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syfy Channel Video Addon2