• 8(current)
Release Syfy Channel Video Addon
(2016-07-31, 03:39)TenguTech Wrote: Love the SyFy plugin for for Kodi. Makes watching the shown much easier.

My only problem is sometimes I don't have the bandwidth for 1080p. And a lower bandwidth size would be better.

Is it possible to add an option to choose between say 1080 and 720?
(Not sure is a lower option is offered by SyFy.com)

I've had a look at the plugin code, and the SyFy site, in the hope of offering suggestions, but my Python is just a bit too beginner at the moment. Smile

You can actually force a lower quality stream within Kodi. This doesn't always work with all add-ons, but I just tried it with the Syfy add-on and it worked for me.

Goto System->Settings->System->Internet access->Internet connection bandwidth limitation and set the limit at 3072 kbps for 720p or 1024 kbps for SD quality stream.

This option is only visible if your selected Settings Level is Advanced or Expert. Just click on the Settings Level button in the lower left corner to select a higher level if it is only showing Basic or Standard.

Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
This is correct. I believe all of my add-ons, with the exception of Snagfilms work with this Kodi setting. Snagfilms has it's own setting because it can use some ridiculous bitrates above 16mbps.

@MetalChris thanks for explaining this.
(2016-07-31, 03:58)MetalChris Wrote: Goto System->Settings->System->Internet access->Internet connection bandwidth limitation and set the limit at 3072 kbps for 720p or 1024 kbps for SD quality stream.

Thanks.

This seems to have fixed the video lag problems I was seeing Smile
This addon is no longer scraping episodes.
relevant info

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.syfy/default.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                ma.processAddonEvent()
                                              File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 213, in processAddonEvent
                                                elif mode=='GE':  self.procDir(self.getAddonEpisodes,p('url'), 'episodes', 'episode_view')
                                              File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 156, in procDir
                                                ilist = dirFunc(url, ilist)
                                              File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.syfy/resources/lib/scraper.py", line 55, in getAddonEpisodes
                                                fd = re.compile('href="(.+?)/videos').search(html,m.start(1),m.end(1)).group(1)
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Scratch that

Its started to work again so must have been a site issue.
The scraper is downloading the wrong list for available episodes.
As an example for killjoys I am getting all 10 episodes for season 1 and the first 2 episodes for season 2.

This matches with what is displayed here: http://www.syfy.com/episodes

If the scrapper goes to http://www.syfy.com/killjoys/videos/all/2616 the other 8 episodes are available from syfy.

Also I am only getting the Episode name, the length and the image, not the description or the season/episode.

Sometimes list starts at the top and sometimes at the bottom.

Otherwise I have had no issues.

Plugin version 3.0.2
Kodi 16.1 Git:201604240c327c53

OpenSuse Leap 42.1

Thank you
Thanks for using your time and skills to provide this addon for the community.
Even though Syfy is a part of my cable package, I prefer to use the addon to watch the shows on my own schedule. Well, somewhat, since the shows are not there indefinitely.

I am experiencing the same situation mentioned in the previous post. The plugin is only showing 12 episodes per show. I am not sure if it is because of the page source as pointed out above, or a page size limit or variable limit. However, it is a max of 12 episodes per show. Killjoys is mentioned, but it is the same for Aftermath, Hunters and Van Helsing (13 on site, 12 in addon). Face Off and Paranormal Witness also has significantly more the 12 episodes available in the addon.

It would greatly appreciated if you could fix it.

Thanks in advance,
LongMan
V3.0.3 has been submitted to the kodi.org repo.
Fixes multi-seasons. Did best I could with the time I had, you may not like it.
Adds Movies

The add-on should update in a few days.
Works great (Jarvis, SPMC).
Thank you so much for all your efforts, I enjoy using Kodi every single day.
Wonderful, cheers!
Thanks a million. I could not do what you did if I spent 10x the amount of time you did. You time is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
LongMan
Just a quicky. Think update might have affected the add to library routine. Tried to add incorporated this morning to add episode 6 to library but doesn't seem to get added. Can anyone else confirm..
No easy fix for that.
Fine with SPMC and Krypton Windows but no longer working for me with Krypton Android (same problem with WNBC).

Debug Log
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syfy Channel Video Addon2