Win Questions about moving library files from kodi system to NAS?
I have a Kodi system running windows 7 and a 2tb drive with all Kodi library files(Videos, Movies etc) on it. I plan to move the drive to a cheap Home NAS Server I built. After I move the drive to the new system can I just edit the paths to the TV Shows and Movies to match or will I have to rescan everything in again?
The full path of each file is stored in the database, so no.

One option: export library to one xml file.

Use a text editor (not notepad, not word, try notepad++) to search and replace the paths.

Delete the videos database.

Import the xml.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well I'll be .. I done it easily. The drive originally was D: so when I moved it to the NAS I mapped it to D: on the Kodi system before I started up Kodi. Everything works fine. Not sure what negative issues may become of it this was but so far everything is working.
A problem will only arise if you want to share your database with a kodi machine not running windows. Other oses don't have a concept of D:\
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok I shouldn't have any issues then. Thanks for the information. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about moving library files from kodi system to NAS?0