Setting up two external players (3D Seperate)
So i'm using MadVR/MPC-HC for "normal" playback, but i want to play my 3D Frame-packed Mkv files with Stereoscopic player instead of the DVDPlayer or MPC-HC, i'm getting issues though, does anyone know what to change in the code? I'm currently using the code below which works perfectly for MPC-HC "2D" Playback.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|m4v|mov|m2v|m2ts|avi|divx|ts|mpeg|mpg|ogm|iso|wmv|flv" player="MPC-HC">
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2015-04-19, 12:55)XTrojan Wrote: So i'm using MadVR/MPC-HC for "normal" playback, but i want to play my 3D Frame-packed Mkv files with Stereoscopic player instead of the DVDPlayer or MPC-HC, i'm getting issues though, does anyone know what to change in the code? I'm currently using the code below which works perfectly for MPC-HC "2D" Playback.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|m4v|mov|m2v|m2ts|avi|divx|ts|mpeg|mpg|ogm|iso|wmv|flv" player="MPC-HC">
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Unless your 3D movies are all of a certain file type, I don't think there any rules in Kodi's list of external player rules that would apply.

The only solution that comes to mind is to add something to the filename of each 3D video and use a rule like this:

<rule filename=".*3D.*" player="DVDPlayer" />
(2015-04-21, 06:29)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 12:55)XTrojan Wrote: So i'm using MadVR/MPC-HC for "normal" playback, but i want to play my 3D Frame-packed Mkv files with Stereoscopic player instead of the DVDPlayer or MPC-HC, i'm getting issues though, does anyone know what to change in the code? I'm currently using the code below which works perfectly for MPC-HC "2D" Playback.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Unless your 3D movies are all of a certain file type, I don't think there any rules in Kodi's list of external player rules that would apply.

The only solution that comes to mind is to add something to the filename of each 3D video and use a rule like this:

I fixed it with a code i tried by my own, posting it here incase anyone wants to use it, this code will use MPC-HC for Normal playback and Stereoscopic player for Movies that have 3D in their name.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, Kodi as Library. 3D MVC files played by StereoScopic player. Normal videos played by MPC-HC with MadVR.
The only issue i got is 24p playback without juddering with MadVR, but ReClock/Smooth motion or similar should fix it.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
<player name="3DPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Stereoscopic Player\StereoPlayer.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*3D*" player="3DPlayer"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|avi" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2015-04-21, 14:05)XTrojan Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 06:29)Warner306 Wrote:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I fixed it with a code i tried by my own, posting it here incase anyone wants to use it, this code will use MPC-HC for Normal playback and Stereoscopic player for Movies that have 3D in their name.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, Kodi as Library. 3D MVC files played by StereoScopic player. Normal videos played by MPC-HC with MadVR.
The only issue i got is 24p playback without juddering with MadVR, but ReClock/Smooth motion or similar should fix it.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Stereoscopic Player\StereoPlayer.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

madVR shouldn't cause any judder with 24p material. The low framerate is likely what you are seeing. 24hz will never be smooth as butter. As long as your rendering queues are under the average frame interval and you are not getting any presentation glitches, then everything should be fine.

I know you went through the trouble of setting up MPC-HC, but DSPlayer now offers support for madVR and might be a superior option. More information here: 223175 (thread).
(2015-04-22, 00:07)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 14:05)XTrojan Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 06:29)Warner306 Wrote: Unless your 3D movies are all of a certain file type, I don't think there any rules in Kodi's list of external player rules that would apply.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

madVR shouldn't cause any judder with 24p material. The low framerate is likely what you are seeing. 24hz will never be smooth as butter. As long as your rendering queues are under the average frame interval and you are not getting any presentation glitches, then everything should be fine.

I know you went through the trouble of setting up MPC-HC, but DSPlayer now offers support for madVR and might be a superior option. More information here: 223175 (thread).
That's really interesting as it's a part of XBMC, makes it way easier.

Does this allow using XMBC Subtitle service instead of bloatware like Sublight? If so i'm sold, too bad i discovered it this late.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up two external players (3D Seperate)0