Installing addons on OpenELEC
Hello everyone I got my raspberry pi 2 today and my aim is to turn it into a HTPC. I began by writing the OpenELEC image to my SD card rather than using NOOBS, everything is up and running fine but my only problem is that I don't know how to install some addons. Addons which give a link to the source are fine because I can I can just install the zip files from there and that will work, but it is the ones I cannot find a link to the source and just have a download to the zip file. How do I get this zip file onto my raspberry pi so I can install the addons? Does it go onto my SD card?

Thanks in advance
George
I would suggest you to download the zip to either a network drive or to a USB. But it would also be possible to put in on the SD card....
If you use a 8gb - 32gb card, OpenELEC will create a separate partition for the extra space on the card that the system doesnt need. To access it from Windows, type (from Windows Explorer or Run prompt) "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\" with the XXX being the IP Address of your Pi2. Copy the add-on zip files to the download folder. When you go to the Add-Ons section of the System settings, select home folder and the download folder should be right there for easy access.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing addons on OpenELEC0