Kodi 14.2 on FireTV Stick, wrong framerate for 720p recorded TV
Hello,

I recently installed Kodi 14.2 on my FireTV Stick. With libstagefright enabled and MediaCodec disabled, I've had pretty good luck playing 1080p h.264 .mkv files, 1080i mpeg2 recorded TV, and SD mpeg2 .mkv files . However, 720p recorded TV shows, whether the original mpeg2 recording or a h.264 copy via handbrake in an .mkv container, stutter frequently so that the show is unwatchable. After enabling debugging, I noticed that the fps is stated as around 50 fps instead of the 60 fps that I expected. The same files play fine via Kodi 14.2 on a windows machine and they also play fine on the FIreTV stick using Plex.

I thought I'd check here to see if it was a known issue or some setting that I need to change.

Thank you.
(2015-04-20, 00:08)arztonyou Wrote: Hello,

I recently installed Kodi 14.2 on my FireTV Stick. With libstagefright enabled and MediaCodec disabled, I've had pretty good luck playing 1080p h.264 .mkv files, 1080i mpeg2 recorded TV, and SD mpeg2 .mkv files . However, 720p recorded TV shows, whether the original mpeg2 recording or a h.264 copy via handbrake in an .mkv container, stutter frequently so that the show is unwatchable. After enabling debugging, I noticed that the fps is stated as around 50 fps instead of the 60 fps that I expected. The same files play fine via Kodi 14.2 on a windows machine and they also play fine on the FIreTV stick using Plex.

I thought I'd check here to see if it was a known issue or some setting that I need to change.

Thank you.

I have the same problem on the Amazon FireStick. You can enable libstagefright for HD content, and disable it for SD content. By disabling libstagefright during SD content playback it will use software mode (FFmpeg) and play the content perfectly. You'll have to re-enable libstagefright acceleration when you play HD content. Annoying, but it works.

There's a fork called SPMC which has a feature to automate the above issue in the advancedsettings.xml, but I haven't been successful in getting it working. You can see my post on the same issue here.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1984023

Would be nice is this worked, perhaps we need to submit this as a feature request in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.2 on FireTV Stick, wrong framerate for 720p recorded TV0