Any interest in a Sport Scores script?
This week I have been working on a new script that will display current games and scores for certain "US" sports. The script "page scrapes" Yahoo Sports for data every 15 seconds and updates the screen appropriately.

When you load the application, first, you select a sport from the buttons on the left. Once selected, the script downloads and "page scrapes" the current list of games and associated scores for the requested sport. After that, a List is produced showing each game, current scores, and some form of game status for all games found. As you scroll through the Game List, detailed information, e.g., scores by period, etc., for the current game is displayed above the List in a Score Board fashion. Lastly, the List and the Score Board periodically refreshes automatically.

The script currently works for the following sports:
  • NFL
  • MLB
  • NBA
  • WNBA
  • NHL
  • NCAA Football
  • Men's NCAA Basketball
  • Women's NCAA Basketball
  • Arena Football
  • CFL Football

The script is 100% operational, including graphics. I am just now tidying up the source code and adding comments to give proper credit to others. This is my first XBMC script, and python script for that matter; therefore, I have "borrowed" from many other wonderful scripts.

I will release the script tomorrow, or Sunday at the latest.

Will there be any takers? :cool2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in a Sport Scores script?0