Under 100 Player Options?
(2015-04-21, 16:19)kwanbis Wrote: I've never been successful with streaming. What "server" do you use for it?

I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Network-At...B00LM6LPC8

I don't recommend it though. It still needs some help in the firmware department. I attached a Seagate 4 tb USB drive to it so I could have a second copy of my media. The firmware browser cannot handle large file transfers which means I have to manage them from a computer and tie up network resources. It also has a weird bug with Mac files that changes permissions. I can copy ripped media to it from a Mac easily but it can't handle a large number of small files and, again, the firmware browser can't handle correcting the permissions on a large number of files either.

BTW, if anyone can recommend a good windows based mirroring tool I would love to check it out. I am using a trial of ViceVersa from TGRMN and I love it but the price is more than I want to spend.
Seems there are many options. I would try again.
(2015-04-21, 20:36)BeesKnees Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 16:19)kwanbis Wrote: I've never been successful with streaming. What "server" do you use for it?

BTW, if anyone can recommend a good windows based mirroring tool I would love to check it out. I am using a trial of ViceVersa from TGRMN and I love it but the price is more than I want to spend.

ROBOCOPY

Big Grin
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
(2015-04-22, 18:53)shabuboy Wrote: ROBOCOPY

Big Grin

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes technically that would work and obviously for free but I don't like overworking my drives and the TGRMN solution summarizes what will happen. This will remind me that sometimes all I need to do is access the USB drive and change a couple of file names to prevent them being deleted and copied again unnecessarily.

When I am in rip mania after a couple of week my mistake levels skyrocket. Last night I was reminded that sometimes I can be stupid enough not to realize my files are not in date order before renaming a season of television. Since they were rips from last week the drives were mirrored over the weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Under 100 Player Options?1