Settings
Found a few oddities when using Settings JSON-RPC:

First of if anyone comes across this I am ignoring a button with an empty value and control.format of action. This covers the settings we can't get to via RPC but may hide some we want...

Appearance->Skin: "Zoom" appears to be missing.
Music->Playback: "ReplayGain" options are missing.
Music->File lists: "Track naming template (- right)" is missing.
Music->Audio CDs: "Track naming template is missing".
Music: "Karaoke" category is missing
Pictures->Slideshow: "Randomise" is missing.
TV->General: "Do not show 'connection lost' warnings" is missing.
TV->General: "Always use the channel order from the backend(s)" is missing.
TV->General: "Use backend channels numbers..." is missing.
TV->Menu/OSD: Everything apart from "Scan for missing icons" is missing.
TV->EPG: Everything apart from "Default select action" and "Reset the EPG database" is missing.
Okay, lots of Live TV is missing (still need a TV card Montellese? Smile)
Services->UPNP: "-Announce library updates via UPnP" is missing.
Services->Airplay: "-Allow volume control" is missing.
Services: No "SMB Client" category.
System->Video Output: "Stereoscopic 3D mode (current)" is missing.
System->Video Output: "-Preferred mode"
System->Video Output: "Vertical blank sync"
System->Audio: Lots!
System: Internet Access is missing
System->Power saving: Shutdown options.
System: Master lock.

That was more than I thought. Also:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.GetAddons", "params": { "enabled": true, "content": "unknown", "type": "xbmc.audioencoder", "properties": [ "name", "thumbnail", "version", "author" ] }, "id": "libAddons"}
Errors:
Code:
"stack": {
                "message": "Received value does not match any of the defined enum values",
                "name": "type",
                "type": "string"
            }
But if I get the full list (no params) I can see the type and addons. A Bug?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Ignore me ofc. Forgot to set the level setting! Audio encoders I think is still bugged?
This sounds odd. The whole settings system is generic and JSON-RPC does not have any special implementation for any setting. It simply asks the settings system for all the available settings and their details (the same way the GUI does) and then turns them into JSON objects. It doesn't make any sense that some settings are missing and others aren't. Are you sure you requested the proper settings level? Skin Zoom e.g. is an advanced setting so you won't see it if you don't specify that you want advanced or expert level settings.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yep, I did post that but I guess after you saw it. Is the current set level available anywhere?

I left it here as a cautionary tale Smile
Yeah I saw your post afterwards. If you don't provide any level in your JSON-RPC request it will use "standard". That's independent of what setting level is chosen in the GUI.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings0