HdHomerun DVR (Kodi client and Protected Content)
I'm looking forward to this. I hope it works well.
It looks like the Basic (100K) has been funded. Time to go for the Kodi stretch goal... even though at this point they only promise that if they reach the Kodi stretch (150K) that it will be only for non-protected content I do hope that they will be able to include protected content at some point.....
Well, I can't believe it. I am actually planning to contribute to something on Kickstarter, as I really want this to succeed, not just for the KODI possibility but for just having an alternate path for protected content.

I suppose any protected content add-ons for KODI would be OS specific, so I imagine a Windows or Android version would be the first of those.
i'm in as soon as protected content recording/playback is confirmed.
(2015-04-25, 03:57)poplap Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 11:45)RockerC Wrote: I believe that binary PVR client addons could and should be updated outside of Kodi release if the addon manager supported it?

Checkout http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR and https://github.com/kodi-pvr

If binary addons are not already supported by the addon manager in Kodi then it must surely be planned for it in the future?

Thats what I was getting at, currently (as far as I know) they do not update outside kodi releases but I am sure it is a planned feature.

As I understand it pvr addons don't automatically update but they are certainly updateable by installing a newer version from a zip file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well, being a UK user with 5 (five) Kodi-capable devices, but only one DVB-T aerial socket in the home, and it also being rented so no structural modifications possible, this is the answer to my prayers. Currently using two PCTV Nanostick 290e's, one off the main aerial socket to a dedicated HTPC/Gaming/Media Center PC, another on a laptop with a portable aerial (which is dodgy at best), fed from the MediaPortal backend & PVR addon. I did try the DVBLink add-on in the past, but my Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 4 based NAS (custom mod) can't cope with the load their software places on it, and now they've consigned Netgear's OS4 NASes to the legacy bin, it not going to get any better. Pledge £120 ($199) for a DVB-T based network-connected TV box, a compatible Kodi add-on, and a built in TV EPG subscription, for the first year? Done deal. TAKE MY MONEY! lol.

Smile
Well its almost a year later, has the PVR plugin come out? I can't seem to find any info on it...

... I'd be interested to hear some feedback on it.
(2016-03-31, 23:00)archie456 Wrote: Well its almost a year later, has the PVR plugin come out? I can't seem to find any info on it...

... I'd be interested to hear some feedback on it.

Please search the dedicated HDHomeRun sub-forum
(2016-03-31, 23:21)Talguy Wrote: Please search the dedicated HDHomeRun sub-forum
You actyually have to look into video add-on subforum instead, because the HDHomeRun sub-forum is about (binary) PVR addons only that uses Kodi's PVR API for Kodi's own native Live TV and EPG GUI , not Python based scripts or content plug-ins.

The Python based content plug-in from SiliconDust for HDHomeRun that have been released for Kodi has been updated to support access to HDHomeRun DVR software, but it should be noted that that official HDHomeRun addon from SiliconDust is not a real "PVR addon" that uses Kodi's PVR API. The official addon from SiliconDust for HDHomeRun is just a Python based content plug-in that does not use Kodi's PVR API, and can therefor not use Kodi's own native Live TV and EPG GUI.

The only addon dicussed so far in the HDHomeRun sub-forum is the existing unofficial PVR addon for HDHomeRun, it connect directly to HDHomeRun tuners without using a backend, and as far as I know it does not yet support the new HDHomerun DVR software as a backend either.

(2016-03-31, 23:00)archie456 Wrote: Well its almost a year later, has the PVR plugin come out? I can't seem to find any info on it.
Short answer is that only updates the existing non-PVR Kodi addon have yet been announced, see:

http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.hdhomerun.view/

But there is no news on a real PVR addon for Kodi that uses Kodi's PVR API. You can however read all the official updates yourself on the Kickstarter without being a backer as they as all posted as public:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127...e-imagined

I find it sad that SiliconDust does not seem interested in making a real PVR addon for Kodi's PVR API made for HDHomeRun tuners and its DVR backend software for a true native Kodi experience using Kodi's own Live TV and EPG interface.
(2016-04-01, 08:01)RockerC Wrote: I find it sad that SiliconDust does not seem interested in making a real PVR addon for Kodi's PVR API made for HDHomeRun tuners and its DVR backend software for a true native Kodi experience using Kodi's own Live TV and EPG interface.

Yes - agreed that's certainly disappointing - this was my main interest in SiliconDusts products... Looks like I'll be sticking with MediaPortal for a while longer then...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HdHomerun DVR (Kodi client and Protected Content)0