Kodi UPNP Not Working
I've been trying to get my Kodi to use my Plex server as a UPNP device and it is unable to see it nor any of the other five UPNP devices on my network. I know they are all accessible because I can open any UPNP client (Xbox for example) and see all the servers and browse them without any problems, however when I try to add a source to Kodi as a UPNP source I see absolutely nothing on the list. Even adding the IP address of any given server does not work. I have the client turned on in Kodi so I'm at a loss for what else I can do to get UPNP working. Can anyone give me some insight into this?

By the way, Kodi doesn't show up as a UPNP server on any other device either, so I'm thinking that UPNP in its entirety may not be working. Even when I look at my UPNP logs on Plex I don't even see an attempt from Kodi, let alone any errors - while all my other devices log to it as expected when they connect.

And, yes, I did install the PlexBMC add-on and while that works as intended it's not what I'm looking for (I want a Kodi front end to a Plex back end if possible).

I am running Kodi 14.2 on Mac OS X Yosemite if that helps to troubleshoot. I also have a Plex server on this same machine (not currently running while troubleshooting) and it DOES show up on UPNP clients so I don't think it's my computer.
Do you use the osx firewall by any chance? I can confirm you that upnp works on osx like on all other platforms (verified that a couple of days ago).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm sure UNPNP works, just for some reason not on this system, I am hoping to find out why. But, yes, the first thing I checked was the firewall and it's off.
please post a debug log (wiki) when you go into the add source -> upnp section
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi UPNP Not Working0