Playback multiplier with audio
We need the ability to speed up playback of video 1.5x, 2x, ect while maintaining audio playback. WMC had the ability to playback at 1.5x. It would down sample the audio to stereo and then playback at the accelerated rate.

I have seen this request on the boards here before, but I think it deserves another look. Anybody who listens to audiobooks and podcasts know how valuable it is to change playback to 1.5x, 2x, etc. Some podcasts hosts and audiobook readers are slow talkers. With the ability to speed up the playback, the listener can consume the media at a comfortable absorption speed.

There are some TV shows that can be just as slow. I don't want to get into debates over how creators want us to consume their media, and the intentional pacing of tv shows or movies. If your in that camp that wants to respect the creator in that way, I respect your view point; but I've seen others who request this feature be dismissed because they want to consume media differently. So here's my attempt to create a hypothetical scenario that we could all get behind.

Let's say you record and watch the local news everyday through kodi. And perhaps your local news anchor speaks in a very regal, but painfully slow manner. Wouldn't it be advantageous to consume that information in a faster, comfortable way. Speeding up playback to 1.5x or 2x can be very useful in some situations and would be a great feature to be added.
Posting it multiple times doesn't change the situation. I guess most people already understood the feature request when it was posted the first time.

closed

continue here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=10023
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback multiplier with audio0