Kodi rookie
So now that I have tested Kodi on my laptop I have a couple of questions. I already read the FAQ but could not find what I am looking for:
My setup will be a standard LCD flatscreen, an Audio/Video Receiver with 6.1 Surround system. What would be the best hardware to run Kodi on? Intel NUC, Raspberru Pi, OUYA etc? Would be great to keep the price down.

Thanks!
Chromebox
Sticky thread on top of first page...

Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
redmonster, be a little more specific about your needs. Need HD audio? Need 3D (frame-packed) Blu-ray support? Need premiums apps (Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go, etc.)?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-04-24, 01:39)hdmkv Wrote: redmonster, be a little more specific about your needs. Need HD audio? Need 3D (frame-packed) Blu-ray support? Need premiums apps (Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go, etc.)?

I do need HD audio, no 3D required. Bluray yes. Already have Netflix and some other things through PS4.
In that case, what Ned suggested... Chromebox.
My HT
Thanks, I will look into Chromebox and the sticky thread. Likely will have more questions coming...
Don't let it intimidate you... it's fairly straightforward. The ASUS Chromebox is best...
1. Open up Chromebox and remove write-protect screw
2. Follow wiki to put box into developer mode
3. Run Matt's script and install OpenELEC
My HT
I have both the Rpi2 and Firetv box. Both work very well, however, I personally prefer the Firetv.
I noticed there's many models of the Asus Chromex. Here's one for $159, http://www.amazon.com/Asus-CHROMEBOX-M00...=chromebox. Would this be any good?
That's the one, but you should be able to get it for less; maybe wait for a sale. I've seen prices go up/down often from $120 (or less) to $160.
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi rookie0