Linux Rom Collection Browser from Kodi built without X
I have Krypton running on Raspbian in EGL/OpenGL ES2 mode, that is to say fullscreen without X. Works very nice but I'm having trouble trying to launch emulators (Retroarch based) from RCB. The emulator has also been built to run without X and it works fine outside Kodi.

1. Setting up RCB to simply run the emulator works to the extent that I can hear the audio in the background, but the display and input are still being held by Kodi.
  2. Using Solo mode to stop Kodi, start the emulator and restart Kodi once the emulator exits does not work. The applaunch.sh script is apparently terminated once Kodi is stopped so it doesn't reach the part where it's supposed to run the emulator.
  3. Popen does not help, same problem
  4. I changed applaunch to stop kodi using systemctl instead of killing it, otherwise systemd would restart it immediately, disregarding the Restart=no setting in kodi.service for some reason. (Edit: This was apparently not systemctl but a loop in the kodi-standalone script which will restart kodi.bin if it's killed. I don't understand how applaunch.sh was supposed to be working in such case. Changed it to kill kodi-standalone instead and I don't get the restart loop anymore, but applaunch.sh is still terminated once Kodi dies, doesn't reach the emulator launch stage)

Any way around this? I'd really rather not have to run X and deal with the overhead, Kodi works really well in fullscreen standalone mode with the EGL backend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rom Collection Browser from Kodi built without X0