[RELEASE] DVDProfiler importer script - import the movie database from DVD Profiler
In fact, I caused myself the problem !!

I changed a little your script to show <slot> instead of <CollectionNumber>, because I need this parameter to exploit my collection, without that I need to launch window dvdprofiler version to find the dvd. So it seems that this parameters don't have to be duplicate and I have for dvds the same slot number.

If I use your original script I have no problem but slot information is unavailable ..

How to modify your script to show this parameter ?

Another problem is that I'm french so we have a lot of special caracters é î ' .... all this characters are badly showed. For a lot of DVDI have N/AN/AN/A... that appears after overview and video: .

I send you by mail my collection.xml

It would be nice to find a solution for me !

Thanks a lot.
Sorry BBB, but I can't find you email adress to send you my collection.xml.. please pm me.
Is XBMCScripts.com down? I'd really love the opportunity to play with this and see if it'll work for me, but I can't get at the site.

Is there another source I can download it from?

Thanks.
it is down at moment.

get script for a limited period from this link http://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlES3...Yk5MWEE9PQ
Retired from Add-on dev
I love the script, but it would be even better if there was a plugin version so that the DVD's appeared in the library view of xbmc. Is that on the radar by any chance?
It is on radar, along with a xbmc 'Atlantis' compatiblity update.

I'd be interested in what you'd expect a plugin version to show ?
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:It is on radar, along with a xbmc 'Atlantis' compatiblity update.

I'd be interested in what you'd expect a plugin version to show ?

Personally I'd just like it to perform as if it was in normal xbmc library mode and support all the normal skin views. I dont know if its possible to fully integrate it within the current library views for genre, title etc but I'm not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing really anyway. I guess it might be if you could exclude them (for those times when you cant be bothered to prose yourr butt off the sofa to look for the disk Smile)
I think a plugin on the same lines as the apple movie one would be fine.
I think it would be good if should you attempt to play a DVD it could display a screen with the DVD number on.
Before I found out about your great script I did have a little play with building jpg files with the disc number on and naming them as "myfilm blah.avi" and adding them to the normal library. That concept seemed to work well but I just never got round to building all the image files.
If your using DVDProfilerv3, the script now allows you to store each DVD library number and it shows up in the list of infos.

I'll give the plugin ver some consideration before I do it.
thanks
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
i would like to know where to get this plugin i cant seem to find it anywhere and the link is still down..
Your requested prompted me to finish and release the latest version. v1.7
Skinned and Atlantis compatible.

Get it from this link
Retired from Add-on dev
I may be doing something wrong but can i get your script to run a windows PC running xbmc?
hallo Guy's

I need help with my DVD collection.
I have a huge collection of DVDs and store all the information about it in a program called DVD Profiler.
So, all the information’s in the program, I would like to transfer to XBMC.
Does anyone have the same problem like I do or have a idea how I can transfer the information?

At the moment I use the way described in the following thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ibrary.csv. The problem is, I have to download all the information again, allocate the storage location and have to correct them.
Is there any way to generate an Excel or CSV file with all the Information about the movie and load this into the XBMC movie Base?

About help, I would be happy Big Grin

Thank You
Hi,

Is this supposed to work with 9.11 on an AppleTV ?

I've tried putting my collection.xml in /Applications/T:/script_data/DVDProfiler
and it does starts saying "Creating Flat File..." but then just says failed

The other option - using an Online Alias - I cant configure - it expects me to press "Y" to add which doesnt seem to be possible with an ATV remote.
Can anyone post the syntax for the config file to manually configure it using ssh ?

Any alternatives ? It looks like the latest version is from end of 2008 - is this script still maintained ?

thanks
send me a full debug log (pastebin) and I'll have a look
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:send me a full debug log (pastebin) and I'll have a look

thanks

here you go http://pastebin.com/m5b8e34

I assumed you meant the xbmc.log with debug turned on in XBMC and Debug=True in you bbbLib.py

here's how the work dir looks:

-bash-2.05b$ pwd
/Applications/T:/script_data/DVDProfiler
-bash-2.05b$ ls -lR
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 5 frontrow admin 170 Jan 4 22:30 cache
drwxr-xr-x 2 frontrow admin 68 Jan 3 02:06 images
-rw-r--r-- 1 frontrow admin 329 Jan 4 22:38 settings.txt

./cache:
total 23240
-rw-r----- 1 frontrow admin 11895490 Jan 4 00:10 Collection.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 frontrow admin 0 Jan 4 00:10 collection.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 frontrow admin 0 Jan 4 00:10 keys.dat

./images:
-bash-2.05b$
-bash-2.05b$ head cache/Collection.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<!--DVD Profiler Collection Export-->
<Collection>
<DVD>
<ProfileTimestamp>2009-07-28T10:10:33.000Z</ProfileTimestamp>
<ID>0044007815328.9</ID>
<MediaTypes>
<DVD>True</DVD>
<HDDVD>False</HDDVD>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DVDProfiler importer script - import the movie database from DVD Profiler0