Req [PVR] Check for open stream before initiating a new one = 1 tuner, many clients
I think my idea is easiest to explain with a good example:
You have a satellite receiver with a single tuner.
There is a great live show on and you are watching together with your spouce/friend/group, one of you needs to move away from the group (take a sh*t, get something from the kitchen, start cooking, .. ), anyway point is you can't take your tv with you and you don't want to stop watching on the tv and then start watchin on your tablet, you just want to be able to start watching on your tablet.
The only way that is possible with a single tuner is if Kodi recognizes that the channel you are tuning to is already available in the backend.
What happens today (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the PVR addon asks for a new stream, but your backend is already using your only tuner so you get an error message that you cann't tune in.

I'm in no way familiar with the PVR core or the PVR addons, but I would think this requires two changes:
1. Make channel ID identification of the RTSP stream file possible
2. Check for existing RTSP for the channel ID that is being switched to and play that stream, otherwise do what's done now

To me it sounds like a pretty easy solution that can be very useful. Cool
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Well i do the exact same thing since at least 2 years now i think.

I have live tv running in my living room and get hungry. I grab the ipad - start kodi - switch on the same channel and take it to the kitchen were i make some sandwitches while continuing watching my tv show.

Using tvheadend as backend with a single usb cable tuner. I can even switch to channels on the same transponder. I only get the "subscription already in use" error when i try to turn on a channel which is on a different transponder.

This feature might depend on the used backend and is not a real Kodi issue i think.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK Did some more testing. It works with my MacBook + iPhone, but not on my MacBook + iPad..
I think there must be something wrong with my iPad setup (might be permission related).
@Memphiz could you delete this thread?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PVR] Check for open stream before initiating a new one = 1 tuner, many clients0