Movie library and nfo
I already have a movie library filled within kodi
however i just used ember to scrape all desired fanart , nfo and stuff

now what?
will kodi use those instead of the already scraped material or do i need to delete the complete library and re-add the sources so it uses the nfo files and stuff from ember?
This area is not support, and you're looking for help from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=191781 and the wiki is at http://kodi.wiki/view/Ember_Media_Manager In essence you need to scrape that new meta-data into the library.
Thread moved
(2015-04-24, 14:54)Skank Wrote: I already have a movie library filled within kodi
however i just used ember to scrape all desired fanart , nfo and stuff

now what?
will kodi use those instead of the already scraped material or do i need to delete the complete library and re-add the sources so it uses the nfo files and stuff from ember?

AFAIK - Kodi will only scrape what it wants - And most of the time that is a limited sub-set of what can be utilized by skins such as Aeon Nox 5.

You'll probably need to change the source for your scraper from (for example) IMDB to local NFO. As soon as you change the source it should refresh/rescan all of your media.

I may not be doing this the right way but, the only way I've found for Kodi to incorporate the desired fanart, nfo etc is to:
  • Set the scraper for Movies (or TV Shows) within Kodi to be 'local NFO'
  • Use the 'Artwork Downloader' addon script to pull in the required artwork from wherever it wants
  • Manually choose the correct artwork via the Movie/TV Show/Episode information screen the required artwork (if it's incorrect)
Bear in mind that the artwork required/used is different for each Kodi skin, so things might operate differently for you if you don't use the same skin as me (I use Aeon Nox 5).

There's another python script that might be of use to you is TextureCache. It's purpose is to populate the local artwork cache, which otherwise is done on-demand by Kodi. Although sometimes Kodi doesn't seem to correctly populate the cache properly because it isn't aware of the artwork that's locally held. Warning however, it needs to be run from a shell prompt and not run via Kodi.

Hope this helps you in some way

Dave
CuBox i4Pro & RPi2 running Helix 14.1/Aeon Nox 5/OpenElec 5 both controlled with PS3 BD Media Remote, 2x 6TB D-Link NAS, tinyMediaManager

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie library and nfo1