Android app that moves and renames files to support Kodi naming convention
Lightbulb 
Hi,

I've searched a lot for an android app that can go through a folder and if it finds a movie or a TV show then it moves and renames the files automatically so Kodi can do library scans and import the meta data for the particular video. I didn't find anything that could do this (please let me know if you happen to know an app or other solution) so I ended up writing an app myself.

What it does currently:
Periodically scans a folder for movies and TV shows - extracts movie name and year or tv show name and episode information
Moves and renames the files so Kodi can update the library
Works with SMB shares
Downloads subtitle automatically

The question is: would you be interested in such app? Do you find it useful? If I see some interest then I might make it more user friendly (well, let's say it works but that's where the story ends Blush) and upload it to the Play Store so others can use it.

Thanks.
I dont know of am android app that will do that but media companion for window will scrape all the relevent info and artwork as well as fixing the file names
(2015-04-24, 17:28)pissedpenguin Wrote: I dont know of am android app that will do that but media companion for window will scrape all the relevent info and artwork as well as fixing the file names

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware that there are quite a few apps for other problems that will do this, however, I wanted something that runs on the Android itself where XBMC does.
I'm interested
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
(2015-04-25, 04:58)cabbresson Wrote: I'm interested

Thanks, let's wait a bit to see what others think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
app that moves and renames files to support Kodi naming convention0