v14 Main menus do not change accordingly to interface language
Hi there.
I wonder if this is a normal beheviour of mq5... When i change the language of the interface, every text changes properly, even the sub-menus, but the main menu doesnt...
Is it a normal behavior?
And i did not renamed the menu items, just used replace this menu with... (Weather for example)
MQ5 asks you when you initially set it up if you have set your language correctly because it is not changeable afterwards..
Thank you for your reply Kuldan.
But maybe i should explain the issue better...
When with a fresh installed MQ5 skin, if you do not customize the menus, everything translates fine when changing the language of the interface. BUT if you go to customize the menus, at the Customization menu, and, for example, go to

(step 1) --- "EMPTY" > "REPLACE THIS MENU WITH .... " > "MOVIES"
(here will be a new "MOVIES" menu created with all the submenus (movies-sets, movies-years, movies-genres, etc)
(step 2) --- Change language ( a easy way is to ssh into kodi and # kodi-send --action="SetGUILanguage(Portuguese)" )
--- Everything now will be in portuguese, EXCEPT for the menu item newly created ("MOVIES" that still being "MOVIES") , but what is odd is that the sub-menus (the ones from newly created "MOVIES") will be correctly translated to the new language.

If i now do the process again of step 1 (but in portuguese("MOVIES" will be "FILMES") and then step 2 # kodi-send --action="SetGUILanguage(English)"
to go back to english, everything will be again in english, except for the menu item "FILMES" that did not translate, but the the submenus did translate...

I have looked at all the xml files in 720/ but till now i did not find out yet why are the submenus behaving correctly but the menus are not.
I wonder if MarcosQui is aware of this... but for now, i am waiting for MQ6, and then, if it still like this, i will dig further into it.
It's because the sub-menus use pre-defined language strings (i.e numbers instead of words which then displays differently depending on the language you set), but the main menu items don't so it always uses the default language for these, English.

As such, it isn't a bug or issue. You just have to manually rename them as required.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main menus do not change accordingly to interface language0