Android Keyboard - On-Screen and Kore Interaction
A few questions and remarks in regards to the on-screen keyboard in the player itself and how the Kore Remote app interacts with it.

1. Is there a way to disable the on-screen keyboard? Not all my devices are touch screen, and the full keyboard seems more than a little unnecessary on these devices. Not a problem per se, just a general wondering.

2. When the on-screen keyboard pops up, should the remote not also bring up the device's keyboard so you can type with it, instead of using the remote's arrow keys to navigate the on-screen keyboard? Incredibly tedious.
1. Which one are you talking about? Kodi's or the remote keyboard?

2. It does, if it can connect with Kodi through TCP (the default). It it only can connect through HTTP it can't know when to pop up the keyboard. Use the option "Send text to media center" in the top right menu.
1. Kodi's. My desktop doesn't have a touch screen, so the full keyboard coming up when I enter a text field is kind of weird. Like I said: it's not a problem, just wondering if there's a way to disable it and get only the text field.

2. How do I connect through TCP, then? I only seem to have the option to "Allow control of Kodi through HTTP", but nothing of the sort for TCP in any of the settings menus even with settings level: expert. I tried the "Send text to media center" option in the remote, but literally nothing happened.
1. This isn't the place to discuss Kodi's keyboard, but it is there not for touchscreens, but for remotes (simple remotes) as well.

2. When you click "Send text to media center" doesn't the on screen keyboard show up? You can then type what you want and send to Kodi. This obviously only works if Kodi is expecting some input, otherwise it won't do anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard - On-Screen and Kore Interaction0