which sd card for pi 2 ?
Will openelec/kodi run any better on a sandisc 16gb extreme compared to the ultra, or will 8gb give the same performance?
For what it is worth, I've had no problems at all with 4 Sandisk cards. Also, if you look a bit, you can find 32 Gig Class 10 Sandisk cards for under $15. The major problem people have talked lately about is cards to stay away from, or use cautiously (due to their advanced/slightly slower error-checking processes, as in don't yank the AC without giving the Pi & card a chance to fully shut down.

A same-spec'd 8 Gig card will give the same 'performance' but obviously less storage. Search is your friend here...
Thanks, cant find any for that price, maybe in the States.How do the Samsungs rate-they are cheaper?
Check this thread..
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...&start=225
I use a Samsung card.. this one in fact
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Class-Me...B00D6ENF7M
It's considered one of the best, it very well maybe the best. It's fairly cheap and has better speeds than more expensive cards.
I had issues with kingston and Sandisk so I switched to Lexar and their 300x cards, work great zero problems.
Thank you, some good information- ordered the Samsung 16gb from Amazon. Any tips for a 1st time openelec format/intsall? Or just download to pc and write? I think both my laptops have sd card slots.
I use a Sandisk 8GB Ultra on my Pi 2 and it has been perfect, On my 3 Pi model Bs I use Panasonic, Transcend and Kingston 4GB Class 10s and they have all been pefect too.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-04-27, 16:14)mikkk Wrote: Thank you, some good information- ordered the Samsung 16gb from Amazon. Any tips for a 1st time openelec format/intsall? Or just download to pc and write? I think both my laptops have sd card slots.

Just download the Openelec image on their site, and use Win32 Disk Imager to write the image file onto the SD card. You can then update Openelec by placing the .TAR files from Milhouse (in the test build thread) in the update folder once you have the original build running

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which sd card for pi 2 ?0