Live TV and PVR in Kodi
Guys,

I've ran windows media center for sometime now for PVR / Live TV but it's missing a lot of newer features in this department and obvisously other departments like app support and such. Also, it's bloated and relies on Windows which I'd like to get away from. Right now I'm trying Windows 8.1 and media portal. I'm finding media portal 1 to be better than WMC in some areas but it's surly not awesome, it slow on things like navigation and channel changing. Also, it's crashed a few times. I was looking at Kodi to replace all this. Kodi seems to have lots of applications but I'm not sure about it's PVR capabilities as it seems like this feature is kinda new to the project. Can any of you guys elaborate on how the Live TV / PVR capabilities / features stack up against Media portal / WMC? I like the features of the latter two such as series scheduling, time shifting, color coding of the EPG for what playing now or coming up and Color coding for different shows like movies/action, dram, education etc.. So, how does the live tv and guide features stack up? Also, I'm not interested in streaming so hopefully I can find a solution that can stream my media, including live tv, to other clients connected in the house.

Thanks!
Kodi relies on a PVR backend, so you need WMC or Media portal, or mythtv, or tvheadend or one of the other supported backends anyway.

Start here PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV and PVR in Kodi0