Req Ability to choose which title/playlist to play by default
As there are some movies that have several versions/cuts on the same disc -- like Avatar Collectors Edition and the Alien Anthology -- and some of us rip the whole disc to iso. It would be nice to have the ability to choose the title to play by default, by enabling it in the nfo before the file is indexed. By doing this it would be possible to index a single file as several movies.

Take Avatar as an example. The disk contains three movies which have their own playlist/title. The movies are
  • Avatar - Special Edition Re-Release
  • Avatar - Collector's extended cut

If the disc is ripped to ISO the NFO-file could be something like this:

<movie>
<title>Avatar - Theatrical Release</title>
<filenameandpath>./AVATAR_CE1.ISO</filenameandpath>
<set>Avatar Extended Collector's 6 disc edition</set>
<defaulttitletoplay>1</defaulttitletoplay>
</movie>
<movie>
<title>Avatar - Special Edition Re-Release</title>
<defaulttitletoplay>2</defaulttitletoplay>
</movie>
<movie>
<title>Avatar - Collector's Extended cut</title>
<defaulttitletoplay>3</defaulttitletoplay>
</movie>

I believe this also could be transferred to TV-series ripped to ISO's and other formats which support several playlists.
WIth multiple tv episodes is already possible:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Bookmarks#Episode_bookmarks
There's also my pull request I just created that enable episode bookmarks with every media so if they accept it in core you will be able to set the playlist you want to play by default.
Multiple versions is still not possible because kodi doesn't handle multiple versions of the same movie. You could use your os symbolic linking to create different symbolic links to your file so you will have 3 different files and you could set a different episode bookmark to each file (always if my pr gets in)
Nice!
(2015-04-25, 23:44)phate89 Wrote: WIth multiple tv episodes is already possible:
There's also my pull request I just created that enable episode bookmarks with every media so if they accept it in core you will be able to set the playlist you want to play by default.
Multiple versions is still not possible because kodi doesn't handle multiple versions of the same movie. You could use your os symbolic linking to create different symbolic links to your file so you will have 3 different files and you could set a different episode bookmark to each file (always if my pr gets in)

Nice! I did not know about the episode bookmarks feature. Is it possible to define the bookmark for each episode in the NFO, or does it have to be done from within Kodi?
(2015-04-29, 15:35)hjahre Wrote: Nice! I did not know about the episode bookmarks feature. Is it possible to define the bookmark for each episode in the NFO, or does it have to be done from within Kodi?

See http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvepisodes the example shows the episode bookmark as the <epbookmark> value
(2015-04-29, 15:39)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 15:35)hjahre Wrote: Nice! I did not know about the episode bookmarks feature. Is it possible to define the bookmark for each episode in the NFO, or does it have to be done from within Kodi?

See http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvepisodes the example shows the episode bookmark as the <epbookmark> value

This works for media with a single file. With bluray you need playerstate so I don't think you can with epbookmark tag
(2015-04-25, 23:44)phate89 Wrote: WIth multiple tv episodes is already possible:

Any progress on this? Does the pr get included in Isengard?

Thanks
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
(2015-06-20, 20:17)Wimpie Wrote:

Any progress on this? Does the pr get included in Isengard?

Thanks
The fix yes.. the expansion to every media probably no..I proposed it too late..
(2015-06-20, 20:19)phate89 Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 20:17)Wimpie Wrote: Any progress on this? Does the pr get included in Isengard?

Thanks
The fix yes.. the expansion to every media probably no..I proposed it too late..

Now with Isengrard released, is there a nightly I can download to test these bookmarks for bluray iso's?

Thanks
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
I made an addon that will allow you to select which playlist get's played (ie OP's question).

Check it out at and let me know what you think.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204387
(2015-07-26, 18:03)Wimpie Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 20:19)phate89 Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 20:17)Wimpie Wrote: Any progress on this? Does the pr get included in Isengard?

Thanks

Now with Isengrard released, is there a nightly I can download to test these bookmarks for bluray iso's?

Thanks
No it's not in the main code yet. I will report it here when it gets included
I'm dissapointed this does not get included.

So many times I read that there are not enough developers working on Kodi, they have no time/interest to work on feature X. If you want feature X, you need to program it yourself. But if someone does this, then it doesn't get merged?!?

What's the point to work on feature X, if it doesn't get included?!?

Is there a problem with this PR (I'm not a C++ developer)?
Any news about this?

Thanks!
phate89 ,

Will this get included in Krypton?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to choose which title/playlist to play by default0