Normal playlist m3u track order
I had it reported that AWXi wasn't honouring the song order of m3u playlists. Rather than AWXi it appears to be Kodi or more specifically JSON-RPC. I realise that there are no "proper" ways to handle playlists via RPC but we live in hope Wink

I made the playlist within Kodi FYI.

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,05.  -
/mnt/media/audio//shinsekai/05 .mp3
#EXTINF:0,03. A Fight You Can't Win - Dead Lights
/mnt/media/audio/A Fight You Can't Win/A Fight You Can't Win/03 A Fight You Can't Win - Dead Lights.flac
#EXTINF:0,01. AC/DC - Hells Bells
/mnt/media/audio/AC-DC/Back In Black/01-acdc-hells_bells.flac
"Browse m3u" (works as expected):
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params" : { "directory" : "special://profile/playlists/music/song test.m3u", "media" : "music", "properties": ["artist", "album", "showtitle", "episode", "season", "title"] }, "id": 1}
Result (ignore the first song missing characters for now as that is another issue):
Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"files":[{"file":"/mnt/media/audio//shinsekai/05 .mp3","filetype":"file","label":"05.  -","title":"","type":"unknown"},
{"album":"A Fight You Can't Win","artist":["A Fight You Can't Win"],"file":"/mnt/media/audio/A Fight You Can't Win/A Fight You Can't Win/03 A Fight You Can't Win - Dead Lights.flac","filetype":"file","id":16274,"label":"Dead Lights","title":"Dead Lights","type":"song"},
{"album":"Back in Black","artist":["AC/DC"],"file":"/mnt/media/audio/AC-DC/Back In Black/01-acdc-hells_bells.flac","filetype":"file","id":12892,"label":"Hells Bells","title":"Hells Bells","type":"song"}],
"limits":{"end":3,"start":0,"total":3}}}
This is the correct order, for ease of reading, basically track numbers are 05, 03 and 01.

If I enqueue this playlist like so:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Playlist.Add", "params": { "item": { "directory": "special://profile/playlists/music/song test.m3u" }, "playlistid": 0 }, "id": "libPlaylistAdd"}
The songs appear in track order number.

I'm not sure if this is new behaviour and I haven't tested Isengard so apologies if it's already fixed.

Regarding the missing characters in the Kodi generated playlist, this is for a UTF8 file name/dir (Japanese in this case). Where is the best place to report that?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
This problem is global to playlist, even smart Playlist random options are not preserved when started from JSON.

This was reported a numerous number of time, but it seems general consensus is current Playlist handling is broken let's wait for a complete rewrite as fixing is not easy.
Ah, happened whilst I was sleep (the reports) I expect then. Hacky fix it is then Smile
Another up in case despite all the reports no one have seen this long lasting problem Smile
As you can list it in the right order. I did that then added the items singly in a batch (if you can have such a thing Wink)

https://github.com/mizaki/awxi/commit/e7...d59b0c65d0
Well try that on a rpi with smartplaylist of 1000 items and tell me the result Wink

This is not viable for anything but small m3u files.
Have you tried it over a websocket? I use http for that sort of thing but I'm wondering if a websocket shares the same time out as http requests.
Yes websockets have some advantages when you do lot's of requests since no http overhead but no speed gains.

The problem is not really timeouts I can have infinite timeouts, but imagine a user that want to play a smarplaylist of all is library, I have no way to know the size of the playlist before listing it's content, if the list is 10k items it will kill Kodi at worst or take 10 mins on a rpi with no way for user to cancel.

And generate way too big list to be handled by low memory devices.
Big bump, but I'm running into this problem too, loading an m3u file with pictures and videos does not play them in the order from the playlist file...

Is there any fix available?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Normal playlist m3u track order0