Kodi from app store won't install on Fire Stick
As the post says, I can't get Kodi to install from the Amazon App Store on my AFTV Stick. I currently have XBMC sideloaded, but would rather have Kodi and official.

I've resynced, rebooted, disconnected and reconnected my account, removed it from the app store purchases, and everything in between. Is there a missing step or process I'm missing?
As noted on the wiki page for Fire TV (wiki), Kodi must be sideloaded onto the Fire TV and Fire TV stick. Amazon is still giving us the run around and won't let Kodi be installed from their app store for Fire TV and Fire TV stick.
I thought people were able to get it on their TV sticks from the official store with some resyncs
Nah, that trick is just to make it so you can launch Kodi from the "recent" menu on the Fire TV. Hopefully Amazon will get back to us on why Kodi is being rejected for Fire TV installs, but we haven't heard anything for a long time :(
I am totally stumped here I have tried everything to sideload kodi and I get the error that device not connected waiting on device.............Hello Everyone,
I have a amazon fire tv box and when I got it I sideloaded Kodi 14.2 with no issues, I now am trying to upgrade to isengard15 and no luck. I used ADB fire and the amazon fire utility tool and NEITHER will sideload Kodi. I get these messages...... ( while using the amazon fire utility tool)

The system cannot find the path specified.
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
then I get this when I try to sideload kodi >>>> the filename path must not contain any spaces so i take out the spaces and still nothing.....

and I also got this message>>>>>> The system cannot find the path specified.
error: device not found<<<<< DEVICE NOT FOUNDConfusedConfusedConfused

- waiting for device -

and it waits and waits................. BUT,.......... the lower right corner it says CONNECTED...........

I also get this>>>>>>>>>>> The system cannot find the path specified.
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
so I tried to make a file I named it aftv and put it in my program files and tried to sideload it and got this>>> the filename path must not contain any spaces so I take out the spaces and still nothing.

I am a novice at this.......BUT........ I sideloaded kodi 14.2 with ease why now the problemsConfused and the ADB fire wont even recognize the fire tv Confused I am stumped.......................

I am using my laptop to sideload it has windows 8
still no answer or luck ? i just purchased the fire stick and also am having the same issues . Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi from app store won't install on Fire Stick0