Bug Incorrect artist image used when extra levels of folder
I am getting the wrong custom ARTIST image show for multi-CD albums.

I have my albums laid out as follows:

\Music\Led Zeppelin\House of the Holy\

I use a single piece of artwork in the folders - folder.jpg

When I have an album split over TWO disks I store that as follows:
\Music\Led Zeppelin\Remasters\CD1\
\Music\Led Zeppelin\Remasters\CD2\

In these cases I have a folder.jpg in three different places.
\Music\Led Zeppelin\Remasters\folder.jpg
\Music\Led Zeppelin\Remasters\CD1\folder.jpg
\Music\Led Zeppelin\Remasters\CD2\folder.jpg

What I have noticed is that the image at Remasters\folder.jpg is being incorrectly used as the BAND image.

I would have expected only \Music\Led Zeppelin\folder.jpg to be used as a band image and not an image found in a deeper folder.

Yes - I hear what some of you are suggesting. Why don't I just delete the Remasters\folder.jpg? I wanted that image to work as I have numerous boxsets. In those cases the BOX will have a cover image of its own which I would expect to be used here.

Is this just me? Am I seeing things? If other people are seeing this I'll try and work out how to put in a real bug report.
it's an heuristic failing. the computer cannot think.

it looks at the deepest path in common for all albums, and assumes that will be the artist folder,
i.e. an artist/album layout.

since you do not have anything more led zeppelin, the deepest common path is Remasters. this is the result. add another zeppelin album Smile
Ah - the old "Not a bug, but a feature" response. Big Grin

It doesn't fully fit your description though. There are a dozen albums in the Led Zeppelin folder. Some two disk, some one disk. The "deepest path in common" with all the Led Zeppelin albums is \Music\Led Zeppelin\

But you make me think now... I have my Led Zeppelin in three different source locations depending on if they are personally ripped CDs, bootlegs, or "other" sources. So there is no "deepest path in common for all albums" of one artist.

Thanks for that... I'll take it away and look at what is happening better within my library to narrow down the pattern more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect artist image used when extra levels of folder0