AOpen MP965-D - Wifi card install - OpenELEC+KODI
So I've built an AOpen MP965-D mini-PC as my KODI device. I've installed a new CPU (Intel T9300) and 2GB of RAM. It performs really well now with KODI and my USB external drive. It even plays DVD's! I have two questions that are VERY specific to this device...

I bought a Wifi card for it that is listed in the compatibility list on AOpens website for the device, but after physically installing it, KODI doesn't recognize it and therefore it doesn't function. There are Windows drivers available but I'm not sure how to go about install drivers (if needed). Any insight into getting the wifi card to work would be awesome!

I would also really like to install a slim, slot-load Bluray drive in it so I can watch BD's. But in my short research I've yet to figure out how that would be possible. Any help with that would be awesome and also a drive recommendation... I have an LG in my desktop used for ripping so the drive in the mini-PC only needs to play.
I'm guessing you've installed a mini pci-e card?, which OS are you on and card/model type?
I've used a USB dongle for wifi, was pretty much plug and play.

Does yours have HDMI?

For BD playback only unencrypted formats are supported. I use an external player for all BD to ensure compatibility (cyberlink suite).

http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players
Yeah, it's a PCI-e card (Asus AR5B91 - AW-NE771) and I've got a standalone install of KODIbuntu.

I've got a USB dongle to try as well. Forgot that I had it. I'll give it a shot tonight.

I've got DVI to HDMI and will use the Toslink output for audio. This unit is for my bedroom so I don't have any other equipment, just connecting it to my 50" LG 1080p LCD on the wall. I'll just use my Bluray player for discs but was hoping I could use an internal BD drive in this unit for a single source solution. No big deal, just wishful thinking.
This might be a solution if it doesn't have proper drivers in the linux kernel and you want to use the card to free up usb ports. (YMMV)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/43752/how...s-drivers/

Thought as much with HDMI, I use the same DVI to HDMI adapter/setup.
With BD I use a slim ODD bluray player on mine, you can have a single solution, albeit only for unencrypted BD. If you click the external player link you can setup for another software to take care of playing encrypted discs.
Thank you for that link. I'll give this a try this weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AOpen MP965-D - Wifi card install - OpenELEC+KODI0