Trying to get started
Good Afternoon (EDT)
For the last couple of years I have used Zotac and Jetway Single Board Computers as front ends for a multi-channel MythTV backend server. While those boxes generally work, they are large, expensive and not based on recent technology. We are moving to Raspberry Pi and I need a bit of advice to really get off the ground. (If people are curious I can send a few paragraphs on things I have done along with the problems I have solved for customers. Suffice it to say that I have built commercial systems with over 60 servers and 3000 workstations)

We are running the MythTV .27 server on a MythBuntu back end have very successfully connected front ends using the MythTV install disk. We have had over a dozen displays running for various users and expect that we will need to support 30 to 50 simultaneous users in the very near future. Our server channels will shortly migrate to 10Gb and I have a 10G to 1Gb dual speed switch to feed the Ether based traffic to the RPi units. I have a couple of RPi b+ units running OpenElec 5.0.8 with Kodi 14.2 on top. I can't find the way to connect to the Mythbuntu back end. I am bringing in both "over the air" and "cable" channels.
I am using what I believe is the CMyth PVR but I have not been able to get the "Launch" button to light up.

Any and all advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
1. You don't want to be using the cmyth pvr package with 14.2, you want pvr.mythtv, not pvr.cmyth.mythtv. But the right one should be built into openelec anyway.

2. You need to read the instructions here http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/manual/index.html in particular for the backend
Quote:Basic settings
To use it first you have to enable the API services of your backend and check network configuration by running mythtv-setup. [1]

Set the security pin as "0000"

Set the IPv6 address of the backend as "::1" if you haven't IP6 network infrastructure, which is mostly the case.

Any IPv6 addresses as "fe80::..." are not usable. Only if you have valid IP6 network infrastructure you could set address assigned to your backend. Otherwise addon will not connect properly.

3. Once you have set up the backend you need to configure the kodi pvr addon, it is simple as setting the ip or dns name of the backend and enabling the addon. Then go into kodi|settings|LiveTv and enable LiveTV.

4. A LiveTv item should now appear in the main menu of kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get started0