Solved Gui freeze after start playing streamed videos
Hmh I posted log earlier at xbmclogs.com. I was cutted though, because it was too large to paste there. But debug was enabled. I'll try to capture new logs and I will post it somewhere. However, it's going to be very large and I will be forced to share it as file to download (because of pastebing and similar sites limits).
Well why dont you do this. (for small as possible complete logs)

1) Enable debugging in kodi.
2) Restart Kodi (very important step to start kodi already in debug mode)
3) Duplicate issue
4) Pastebin full resulting log and share link.

Done. We dont want a hours old log filled with irrelevant entries to this issue but rather a focused log.
Quote:Done. We dont want a hours old log filled with irrelevant entries to this issue but rather a focused log.
This is why I cutted my first paste. Sorry, you are still missing my point... to duplicate issue I need to wait at least 40-45 minutes. All is ok just after restarting Kodi, but if you start to use it, after some time issue starts again. So, what I did:
- Run Kodi normally
- Wait some time
- Just after it started to work as it should not, enable debug
- Duplicate my issue a few times, full debug should be captured
- Disabgle debug, post logs betweeen debug enabled/debug disabled.

You are asking for full debug after restart program without any cutting it. I can do this, but because I need to wait some time to duplicate, full debug will be very large.

So it seems this issue is quite hard to track, if my previous logs don't tell you anything interesting. So what do you suggest me to do in this case?
Do the steps as instructed, not as you doing it, no more no less. Its impossible to help you unless provide the information necessary to diagnose this.

On another note...

You could also stop Kodi, rename your userdata (wiki) folder and start kodi with no 3rd party addons and no 3rd party skins, more often than not its something you added from some source or some other buggy addon that causes issues with Kodi and not Kodi itself.
Damn... I can't reproduce it with debug enabled. Almost 3 hours with debug enabled (kodi started in debug mode) - all is ok.

So I disabled debug, then started program again. After 30 minutes, gui freezes again. Everytime I strat movie playback, osd does not appear on mouse move. After 30 seconds - all is ok again.

So it seems I can only enable debug just after I see it started to be broken. If I start program with debug enabled, issue never appears.
That's useless because by the time it happens the debug logging is started after the fact, never registering the issue since it happened before you enabled it. It just wont produce anything usefull)

Follow my next suggestion. Rename your userdata and restart Kodi. If that fixes it then you have some addons on your system or something else you installed causing this.
Ok, logs finally catched. Full debug from stard to the end, untouched. First, look here to understand what I mean: https://youtu.be/k_gctRTxzM8

Example: youtube playback. Look carefuly to 5-10 seconds after movie playback started. Mouse moved, cursor moved bud osd not appears and there is last status (movie opening message) at the top of the screen. So gui is actually freezed - looks like some kind of deadlock. After a few seconds of playback everything is ok, on mouse move osd appears immediately (as should).

The same issue while starting playback of local file (you will see attempts in my log) and pvr playback. As you can alsoo see in my log, I'm testing latest build, compiled today from git (master) + latest pvr addons.

Full log: http://xbmclogs.com/ppedfn3z7#line-6

Some notes:
- skin used does not matter
- after kodi restart all is ok, after from 30 minutes to even a few hours of usage it starts to be broken again
- not yet tested on clean profile, I'm going to do such test. However, February build does not have any problems on the same profile. So it must be problem with Kodi itself, not addons/skins etc.

At the end - it could be look not very serious. However, it's really annoying, believe me, especially while switching tv channels. Sometimes freezes are much longer, even 5-6 seconds, while freezed, I'm unable to do anything using mouse. Moreover, sometimes it frezzes on buffering after movie seek and again I can't make any action using mouse.

Reverting to my older build for now, I hope you will able to track this issue.
Im not sure where you can tell with any certainty that its not some addon or some skin or that it doesnt matter. FACT it does matter 9.9 times out of 10 thats exactly what it is. Im not saying it just because or to annoy you Smile right?!

Try it with a squeeky clean Install, as where you dont actually have any of that nightmare installed and running (rename userdata) DOnt revert the builds as it wont get fixed there. You need to find the issue and address it here. This is troubleshooting 101.

Im willing to bet that it freezes when you in the middle of watching something and one of the few addons you have trying to scan your library cause these hick ups.

But Im sure by now what your reply is going to be Wink Its always easier to blame someone else.
Hmm, the same addon list and the same skin, but older kodi build and issue is gone. You are asking for me to drop all my stuff, without even looking into logs posted...

I'll try to test clean installation but this issue is completly random so difficult to reproduce on demand. Now you have full logs and I hope it helps. Maybe also it can prove that addons cause that.
Look, Ive looked at the logs from the top to the bottom and even watched your video.

Im trying to help you and you refusing to try and do what I asked you to try. Im not asking you to delete your old userdata just rename it.

It took 15 posts to get a full debug and if its going to take another 15 to get you to try everything clean and default skin then Im out. good luck.
Ok as soon as I get issue on clean installation I will post logs in this thread. I don't refusing anything but I'm already a little annoyed because my report still is not treated seriously (sorry if I'm wrong)
It looks like you was right, guys. I just tested recent Kodi 15.1 (own compiled) and it was affected with this issue.
So I deleted my old .kodi directory, installed all my stuff (basically, the same plugins as before) and problem is gone so far.
Great, full edit main post and select solved from drop down menu and save.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gui freeze after start playing streamed videos0