Stuttering video output, I'm out of troubleshooting ideas
I recently built an HTPC, and am having problems with laggy or stuttering video output. Sorry, I'm far from an expert on video and don't know all the terminology - I just know the video does not look right whenever there is motion, particularly during pans. I've also noticed blurry halos around objects as they move, like when the pink butterfly flies across the screen in the Big Buck Bunny test video.

Specs:
Q6600 2.4GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 210 driver 341.44
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
Kodi 14.2 RC1
Harmon Kardon AVR2700
Samsung UN50ES6100F

debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/pb2snjbbp

I've tried:
  • Playing the file straight from the HTPC instead of over the network (which is hardwired). No difference, don't think the network is the problem.
  • Bypassing the AVR and plugging straight into the TV via HDMI. No difference.
  • Changing Audio options to all the ones I have to choose from. No difference.
  • Changing Video Playback options like Adjust display refresh rate to match video and Sync Playback to display. No difference or maybe worse.

I've also verified the same problems occur when playing video with VLC, so I fully recognize that this is not a problem caused by Kodi, but I'm out of ideas and really hoping you folks who are much more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am can perhaps give me some other ideas to try. I really appreciate any help you can give.
Disable hardware acceleration (DXVA2) in settings and try again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering video output, I'm out of troubleshooting ideas0