• 31(current)
Mod CarPC-touch
(2017-02-07, 03:32)Motonick34 Wrote: Don't know if I have this in the right section, but can anyone help with an issue I'm having? I building my carpc and in order to install my ups pico power supply I need to run some commands but I can't type? Keyboard works but only for shortcuts I guess? Hitting the "s" key opens a shutdown menu? I've been messing with it for hours and I can't get anything to work. To the point where now I can't even get back to rasbian. When I open navit I can't do anything in the gbs screen except exit back to the carpc menu. Any ideas?

Yeah you are very much in the wrong spot, this is a skin post. has nothing to do with power supplies or anything like that.
(2016-09-17, 23:23)berne88 Wrote: can some one help.. or lead me in the right way..

i have followed the diy guid how to install.
everything look like it has sussed, and after a reboot the pi, i get rainbow screnn, cant see, and got type anything.
i have det latest os raspbian, pi2
i am using a hdmi, to my tv. 55" samsung.
why? what have i done wrong?

this is the 2 timeSad

i now i need to it all over once more.. to format the sd card, load a new one in.. move the folder to place and so onSad

Edit: have preperd the sd card using the termianl on my mac, and program RPI sd card bulider v1.2 10.6
same thing

EDIT2: did sudo apt-get update now... before.. i tryde a new insall.. and it was a fresh install
same thing
I is the same problem, I am still working around it if you get a resolution I would be happy to hear.
Up to now just to get Kodi working in car I installed raspbian lite then xorg and lightdm then raspberrypi-ui-mods and Kodi. This mean really I'm not running this skin at all but I do have Kodi running as a program.
My next plan is to try and install the skin from a zip file.
(2016-12-17, 04:01)1milenia Wrote: this is what ive done to the skin

Is there a way to lose the logo altogether in the top right altogether? And yes this is a sick little mod...
(2016-12-17, 04:01)1milenia Wrote: this is what ive done to the skin

Is there a way to lose the logo altogether in the top right altogether? And yes this is a sick little mod...
i changed it a bit took lexus logo out in the corner

just have pack it so you guys can use it ,is google drive best for you guys

Great to to see that you have it all ready for prime time!
Much appreciated my friend.
Is it possible to upload to "Dropbox"?
I don't use or have google drive.

Thanks 1milenia.
ill look into dropbox
Great KODI BMW skin!!!

Here have a carpc in the old E46 and E83.

Does the skin work with the BMW iBus?
in the settings you can put your own car logo
hello 1melinia where I can download this beautiful skin
Thanks
Anyone having update issues with Kodi 17? I've updated the XML to 5.12.0 and it installs fine, but the skin will not launch.
Hi everyone.

I use the CarPC-touch_carbon skin with Kodi 15.2, on a RPi running Raspbian 8 (jessie), and the official 7" touchscreen display. Problem is, buttons are only selected on a single tap. To actually press the buttons, I need a carefully timed double-tap. This doesn't seem normal. Am I doing something wrong?

I've been searching for a solution, but could not find anything anywhere.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
1milenia,

Are you getting closer to be releasing your skin anytime soon?

Just curious on how it's coming along.

Thanks my friend.
(2017-03-11, 09:26)pete_c Wrote: Great KODI BMW skin!!!

Here have a carpc in the old E46 and E83.

Does the skin work with the BMW iBus?

A skin is just a visual reconstruction of the Kodi program. It has nothing to do with such things as the BMW iBus. That would be up to you. If you gave a car pc and use kodi, then you just need to switch to the skin here to have what we have as far as looks.

Sent from my SM-G935T
I've got mine up and running but I'd like to change the skin to fit the make and model of car I have (Pontiac Firebird) Can some one help me with this please.

Thanks
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CarPC-touch2