OpenELEC with widevine (netflix etc) support.
I just wanted to point to chemstar's clever work, making a chromium browser addon for OpenELEC X86_64 that supports widevine, so can do netflix.

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7664...est-stable

I can confirm netflix works, although not integrated into netflixbmc yet (I have asked for some pointers on how to do that here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1993603 if you want to follow along).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think that's probably worthy of a "whoop, whoop!", is it not?
I thought so, I am surprised it hasn't got more attention!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nice... I've been meaning to look into it myself as well. Surely going to test that. Would be awesome if I could trade Kodibuntu for OpenELEC, greatly simplifies maintenance.

Not clear whether it runs fullscreen by default (read the OpenELEC forum topic), but I suppose it does?
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
At the moment when you start the addon it simply opens chromium like it would on a desktop, complete with address bar etc.

I have tried changing the script.sh in chrome launcher addon to point to
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chomium/bin/chromium "$@"
but it crashes. I tried numerous other combinations but none worked. At work now but more work to be done over the weekend.
OK. On Kodibuntu, you need a WM to get Chromium to go fullscreen, and OpenELEC has none, so that's what I was wondering about.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Openelec does have a Wm. Fluxbox.
(2015-04-30, 04:52)nickr Wrote: I just wanted to point to chemstar's clever work, making a chromium browser addon for OpenELEC X86_64 that supports widevine, so can do netflix.

I can confirm netflix works, although not integrated into netflixbmc yet (I have asked for some pointers on how to do that here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1993603 if you want to follow along).

Still cant get netflix to work. Can confrim that Widevine is enabled (and always allowed) in chrome://plugins, but when I start streaming a movie, chromium reports that Widevine has been crashed Sad Any idea ? Thanks in advance...
Hi All,

I am new to tvhead. My plan is to setup a live video streaming. OS is Ubuntu Server. I have a server which has 2 NIC cards. One NIC is coming from the other server (having media card ) which will be serving as a storage to ubuntu server. Ubuntu server's another NIC card is having public IP whose URL will be used as a live media name.

Please help me how I should go about.

Regards
(2015-08-28, 08:33)tdhendup Wrote: Hi All,

I am new to tvhead. My plan is to setup a live video streaming. OS is Ubuntu Server. I have a server which has 2 NIC cards. One NIC is coming from the other server (having media card ) which will be serving as a storage to ubuntu server. Ubuntu server's another NIC card is having public IP whose URL will be used as a live media name.

Please help me how I should go about.

Regards

Off topic for this thread. Please start a new thread.
(2015-08-28, 08:23)tuan.dinh Wrote:
(2015-04-30, 04:52)nickr Wrote: I just wanted to point to chemstar's clever work, making a chromium browser addon for OpenELEC X86_64 that supports widevine, so can do netflix.

Still cant get netflix to work. Can confrim that Widevine is enabled (and always allowed) in chrome://plugins, but when I start streaming a movie, chromium reports that Widevine has been crashed Sad Any idea ? Thanks in advance...

More logs: I manually run chromium (4.3.1), first got this:

Code:
[7956:7956:0831/123948:ERROR:url_pattern_set.cc(240)] Invalid url pattern: chrome://print/*
libva info: VA-API version 0.37.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/nvidia_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
[7976:7976:0831/123948:FATAL:sandbox_seccomp_bpf_linux.cc(206)] Check failed: policy->PreSandboxHook().
[7956:7971:0831/123948:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(134)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[7956:7971:0831/124001:ERROR:channel.cc(300)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)

Accessing netflix.com and browsing are fine. Soon I start the playback, it returns error on screen, and on verbose I got this:

Code:
[8220:8220:0831/124125:ERROR:ppapi_thread.cc(289)] Failed to load Pepper module from /storage/.xbmc/addons/browser.chromium/bin/libwidevinecdmadapter.so (error: /storage/.xbmc/addons/browser.chromium/bin/libwidevinecdmadapter.so: cannot open shared object file: Operation not permitted)
[8040:8040:0831/124125:ERROR:webplugin_delegate_proxy.cc(314)] Plugin crashed on start

I changed the permission of all file to 755 but still doesnt work Sad

Any idea how to fix it to get netflix to work ? thx guys, any comments appreciated....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC with widevine (netflix etc) support.0