Hardware that can do 3d mvc
Now they are working on hardware support for 3d mvc iso on raspberry pi 2
There was said other hardware would follow..

Is there already some hardware having this possibility?
Or is there any hardware known, that willl get that support?
Or is it waiting for new hardware to come?
I think most hardware manufactures are focus on 4K..
As for me i still enjoy watch 3D movies and i hope they don't stop making them.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-04-30, 14:55)Skank Wrote: Now they are working on hardware support for 3d mvc iso on raspberry pi 2
There was said other hardware would follow..

Is there already some hardware having this possibility?
Or is there any hardware known, that willl get that support?
Or is it waiting for new hardware to come?

I think the Pi and Pi 2 (3D MVC is supported on both) are a special case, as there is a lot of expertise in the Broadcom SoC in this community, and work has been done to expose the MVC hardware decode in a way that allows Kodi to access it.

AIUI the 3D MVC decode on Intel Core i (and poss Baytrail Celeron?) isn't exposed in their Linux drivers? Similarly the Amlogic video engine in the Odroid C1 etc. Without these - and a commitment from the hardware manufacturers to implement an Open Source documented API that allows it, I don't see this changing.

And as 3D appears to be disappearing as a consumer format - Sky have just announced they are closing their 3D channel in the UK - and 4K in the ascendancy, I'm not sure many manufacturers will consider 3D a high priority. HEVC and 4K are probably higher up the list.
Unfortunately movie78 is right. I've noticed few 4K displays that support 3D as well. Studios (namely Disney) and manufacturers seem to be abandoning 3D. It's too bad as 3D done right can be such as immersive experience... 'Avatar', 'Gravity', 'Hugo', etc. Hoping 'Mad Max: Fury Road', 'Jurassic World', and ultimately the 'Avatar' sequels will revive interest.

Re: RPi2 and 3D ISO support, I recently asked for an update, but got no reply. It would be great to have other hardware, especially something as good as Chromebox, support hardware MVC decoding. The problem with RPi2, and mine's overclocked to the max, is I find it still has performance limitations, especially when I compare to my Chromebox (which I almost sold, but decided to keep). Chromebox is fast and plays everything I throw at it, except full 3D of course. My RPi2 has problems with VC-1 at 29.970, and generally concert Blu-ray rips and various home video files (1080p/60, MPEG2 1080i, etc.) play better on Chromebox.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Mmm so there's nothing coming Sad
Damn
yeah i withdraw from rpi2 cause of that performance limits.. and hoped for chromebox + 3d iso

Theres no way of an external player on chromebox either?

Guess its still stuck on windows kodi + tmt or himedia q5 (but i keep withdrawing that one too, dunno why)
Chromebox will be the ultimate box, if it can support 3D MKV or ISO frame packed..

Any the other boxes seems to have some kind of limitation.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
There's no single do-it-all box, but HiMedia's Q5 is a damn fine 3D player. It now does 23.976, plus supports HD audio, including ATMOS. It just can't do VC-1 properly & MPEG2 HD stutters. Other than this, it's excellent. I still use my Chromebox for all non 3D however. Just snappy and reliable.
My HT
2015 is there's no hardware fully supported with Kodi/3D framepacked
I think only the Core i Chromeboxes will potentially support MVC decode (not sure about frame packed output). Don't think the Haswell Celeron has MVC decode?

As for 4K sets - I think many Sony UHD sets include Full HD passive 3D (which is the sweet spot). Full HD displays either use active (i.e. expensive flickery glasses) or half-resolution passive (540 line res to each eye) I have the lowest cost 4K Sony UHD set (bought for its decent HD picture) and it has 3D. Don't watch it much though.
(2015-04-30, 23:31)noggin Wrote: As for 4K sets - I think many Sony UHD sets include Full HD passive 3D (which is the sweet spot). Full HD displays either use active (i.e. expensive flickery glasses) or half-resolution passive (540 line res to each eye) I have the lowest cost 4K Sony UHD set (bought for its decent HD picture) and it has 3D. Don't watch it much though.

Same for my Sony XBR-49X850B. 3D specs list 2K. Not really watching 3D either though.
(2015-05-01, 01:22)DocG Wrote:
(2015-04-30, 23:31)noggin Wrote: As for 4K sets - I think many Sony UHD sets include Full HD passive 3D (which is the sweet spot). Full HD displays either use active (i.e. expensive flickery glasses) or half-resolution passive (540 line res to each eye) I have the lowest cost 4K Sony UHD set (bought for its decent HD picture) and it has 3D. Don't watch it much though.

Same for my Sony XBR-49X850B. 3D specs list 2K. Not really watching 3D either though.

We have the same TV.
Theres the (as yet unreleased) Dune-HD TV-204 range (which can also include TV/Sat tuners). They're dedicated media boxes without any flash GUI (no Kodi) but have a history of playing almost all video properly (ie always had correct frame rate switching, proper 24p etc).
The spec lists 3D MVC - in what containers it doesn't say.

http://dune-hd.com/eng/products/set_top_boxes/43

They showed it off (again) at the London TV Connect show that was on this week. Might be worth keeping an eye out for?
http://tvconnectevent.com/company/dune-hd/
If one doesn't need Kodi, Mede8er's X3D series has been rock solid for 3D (ISO and MVC MKV) for 3+ years. Proper 23.976, VC-1/MPEG2 no issues, HD audio; just no 4K.
My HT
(2015-05-01, 11:16)JustAnotherUser Wrote: Theres the (as yet unreleased) Dune-HD TV-204 range (which can also include TV/Sat tuners). They're dedicated media boxes without any flash GUI (no Kodi) but have a history of playing almost all video properly (ie always had correct frame rate switching, proper 24p etc).
The spec lists 3D MVC - in what containers it doesn't say.

http://dune-hd.com/eng/products/set_top_boxes/43

They showed it off (again) at the London TV Connect show that was on this week. Might be worth keeping an eye out for?
http://tvconnectevent.com/company/dune-hd/

This a Kodi forum,so we are all looking for a good device compatible with Kodi.
So, HiMedia Q5, until something better comes along. Hoping nVidia's Shield Android TV box can HW-decode MVC, or there will be an Android-based player (like Realtek's or HiMedia's) that can do 3D ISO and be used as an external player. Probably a tall order, but guess we'll find out.
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware that can do 3d mvc0