black screen when trying to access system & program settings
Sorry if I don't give enough info. I'm the biggest noob when it comes to Kodi but I'm trying to learn. I'm running Kodi 14.2? I'm pretty sure. On an android TV box (MXIII) which originally had XBMC installed But i upgraded. It hasn't given me any problems till now. Whenever I try to access my system or program settings it just goes to a black screen. I also can't search because the keyboard comes up as blank. I'm unsure how to fix this problem because I can't even access my settings. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!
This is happening to me also. I have four M8s with 14.1 & 14.2. On one of my boxes it goes to a blank black screen when trying to access programs and some addons. On another one of my boxes. Everytime I go into any addon or any and everything it goes into a black screen. It also will not let me access many of my addons also. Plus, it also says first run everytime it loads. Also, fresh start will not work to start fresh. 14 helix seems to have the most gay flaws of all builds.
(2015-05-24, 02:39)NIPSZX Wrote: 14 helix seems to have the most gay flaws of all builds.

Come on now, people shouldn't judge a flaw based on that flaw's sexual preference. If a flaw wants to have sex with another flaw of the same gender, then so be it.

On a serious note, it sounds like your install is all messed up and it has nothing to do with v14 itself. The mention of "fresh start" tells me you're using add-ons and tools that have been well known to break installs. "maintenance tools" like that should be avoided for the very reason you are having issues.

tl;dr- you gone broke your install and you only have yourself to blame.
LoL
My m8 box is having some trouble aswell, at first i was thinking it may be kodi but now im sure its the box, when i try clicking on anything in the main menu it will freeze and then goes to a black screen ,then i have to unplug it. Does anyone know if these m8's have software issues ? Im getting fed up with it now
I fixed mine by reinstalling new software and reinstalling Kodi. It is working again now. Only took about an hour. How much will you sell me your M8 box for? I already have 4 of them. I also have 2 s812s. How much will you sell it to me for?
Im not selling mine, i only bought it in december, how is it messing up already, can u give me a guide on what to do please, id appreciate it very much, i just tried watching a film now and not even 2mins in it froze.
I am having the exact issue as the OP. I'm using an Nvidia Shield. When I access programs or settings the screen is black or blank. I can delete the app and reinstall it from play store but is that the best way to solve the problem? Is the play store version of kodi the best install to use? Any assistance is appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
black screen when trying to access system & program settings0