Want easy multiplatform DVR using HDHomeRun? Support the Kickstarter!
SiliconDust is kickstarting a DVR and they have a stretch goal right now for Kodi support if they get another 40kish:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127...-imagined/

I'm personally excited to finally have a US-centric unix-based DVR solution that's super easy. I've battled with MythTV and TVHeadend for years and even though I have the gear, I'm not a fan of any of those solutions so much they've been sitting around as Live TV only streaming solutions for awhile.

I would love to see this come to fruition and allow non Windows users like myself to finally have options to bring in my OTA and Cable into one platform and seamlessly work as good as the hardware does already.

They said it should run on Mac, Windows and anything you can ssh and get linux access (arm, powerpc and x86 binaries for sure) so that could cover nearly everything. I heard they're working on FreeBSD support as well for FreeNAS.

No copy protected content on Kodi, mainly because Cablelabs doesn't play nicely with open source, not a technical limitation.

Subscription is basically same as SchedulesDirect, $30/yr, $25 if you prepay in the kickstarter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want easy multiplatform DVR using HDHomeRun? Support the Kickstarter!0