Win How create a list for things i wish to watch (multiple plugins & shows & movies)
Hey guys!
i want to compile a list within KODI of things i wish to watch.
i tried setting up a library but my MOVIES tab (in the main menu) doesn't display all the movies i "add to library" and the "TV SHOWS" tab doesn't display anything i add. (I created a library in "files->Add videos", chose the entire "addon-data" dir and selected a scraper, one for TV shows and one for movies, maybe i chose a bad scraper?)

anyway.
i just want to be able to go to all the shows and list i WANT to watch someday, and add them somewhere, so when i have free time i just go in there, pick one, and as i click it'll direct me to its page in the plugin i added it from.
What is the best way to do this?

thank you!
I think we need to start with the first issue - when you click Add To Library KODI should import all of the Movies/TV Shows and list them in the library. If it doesn't, this means it cannot recognise them. Which is usually down to the way they are named.

When first getting going with KODI it is worth getting that video collection in to a bit of order. Each film into its own folder and then cleanly naming that video. At least getting the name complient enough for the scraper to read.

Once everything is read into the library, the rest is easy. Every time you watch something, KODI will tick it off as watched. You can then filter the list to only show unwatched shows. But before we get to this bit - lets get KODI reading your videos in cleanly.

Spent much time in the FAQ yet? http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user

Learnt how to tweak the file names for movies? http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
And for TV Shows? http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

That will help KODI to recognise your videos. And once KODI has a library - then the rest of the magic can begin. Smile
(2015-05-01, 21:24)Qayin Wrote: Hey guys!
i want to compile a list within KODI of things i wish to watch.
i tried setting up a library but my MOVIES tab (in the main menu) doesn't display all the movies i "add to library" and the "TV SHOWS" tab doesn't display anything i add. (I created a library in "files->Add videos", chose the entire "addon-data" dir and selected a scraper, one for TV shows and one for movies, maybe i chose a bad scraper?)

anyway.
i just want to be able to go to all the shows and list i WANT to watch someday, and add them somewhere, so when i have free time i just go in there, pick one, and as i click it'll direct me to its page in the plugin i added it from.
What is the best way to do this?

thank you!

Have you tried Super Favourites? The allows you to add virtually anything from Kodi to an addon style list (which can also include sub-folders).

It is in the official org repo (although the version in my repo is a bit more up to date).

Easiest way to use it is to switch on the Global Menu via its settings, then right-click the item to add and choose Add to Super Favourites.

It also has a feature called iRemember (within the iSearch option) which allows you to just store keywords to be used at a later date in the iSearch feature.
Thank you BOTH for the help and tips, ill look into both things!

have an awesome weekend!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How create a list for things i wish to watch (multiple plugins & shows & movies)0