Issue with a movie in the database
I have had zero issues with scrapping movies and tv shows, so this one is confusing me. I see the movie on themoviedb.org but when i try and update my library it does not find it, even though it finds other movies that i am updating at the same time. So that tells me it is named funny, or something. Also, i noticed the the year shows 1900? Should that be fixed?

Link to the movie in the DB - https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/316338-...l-parodies

Path to local movie, .mkv is named the exact same as the folder it is in. - N:\Movies\Saturday Night Live The Best of Commercial Parodies (1900)

I have other SNL dvds that have imported fine, ex: N:\Movies\Saturday Night Live The Best of Dana Carvey

Any ideas? Thanks
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for posting that link, good call. Here is the link to my debug log.

edit: removed log link
Looks like the interesting part of the log might be this..

edit: removed logs
anybody have any ideas? looks like the title is not found in the database based off this error,

20:15:52 T:4020 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://FREENAS/Shared/Movies/Saturday Night Live The Best of Commercial Parodies/Saturday Night Live The Best of Commercial Parodies.mkv', it won't be added to the library.

but i found it in the movie db, so does the problem lie in the db?, and if so, how do we fix that? I've tried various ways of naming my file. thanks
I know that it doesn't fix your problem, but you could create an nfo file with all relevant information and it'll scan no issues. Actually, you might be able to make an nfo file with JUST the movie database ID number and the rest will scan using that ID number, I believe. I use nfos for all of my movies, so not totally sure on a partial nfo.
(2015-05-02, 21:56)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I know that it doesn't fix your problem, but you could create an nfo file with all relevant information and it'll scan no issues. Actually, you might be able to make an nfo file with JUST the movie database ID number and the rest will scan using that ID number, I believe. I use nfos for all of my movies, so not totally sure on a partial nfo.

interesting. haven't used nfo files in a long time, could you either copy and paste one or attach one of yours, so i can see what needs to go in that nfo file. Also, where does the nfo live? does it need to be in the same folder as where the mkv is? thanks man
Its in the wiki.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
alright i figured it out. thanks for your help. In case someone else has this issue. I just created a nfo with a link to the movie in question from themoviedb.org. did a refresh and boom it appeared.

link to wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/movies#Movie_tags
(2015-05-03, 06:08)Johnny Utah41 Wrote: alright i figured it out. thanks for your help. In case someone else has this issue. I just created a nfo with a link to the movie in question from themoviedb.org. did a refresh and boom it appeared.

link to wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/movies#Movie_tags

Awesome! Good to know for a buddy here quite soon! Glad that worked out for ya! Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with a movie in the database0