not able to find folder stuture
confused to hell

I am trying to move my index from my Kodi Raspberry Pi to a Mysql server

I have installed the MySQL and PHP services onto my NAS server 192.168.0.6
with an account called raspberry and a password of pi

I then have ssh onto the Kodi, but there is my confusing. I can't find the folder strucedure. /storage/.kodi/userdata/

when I SSH onto the Raspberry I am only seeing

Last+found Music Pictures screenshots tvshows vidoes

can someone please help me in working this out, do I have to place the SDcard into a computer
, which will then allow me to see the folder structure?
The . in front of the .kodi means it's a hidden folder.

When you ssh in, you connect to the storage folder already, so you just need to "cd .kodi" and then "cd userdata" (without the quotation marks) to get into your user data folder.

If you ls -a rather than just ls in the folders you will see all folders, including hidden ones.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
thanks, I have found the loaction. and about to create my first advancedsetting
follow on issue, I have created my advancesetting file which I have attach the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j4ohkias1g8jh...s.xml?dl=0

I have installed my SQL and PHP and created an full access account called raspberry with a password of pi.

I have tranfered my file across to the kodi, and rebooted, but it looks like the file has crashed the kodi, as the flash screen was display for some time,

any ideals ?
The MySQL video (<videodatabase> section) bit looks fine, although it's better not to use the <name> tag and just let kodi deal with setting up the filename unless you have a specific reason to do so yourself. That way you won't have any issue when upgrading to newer versions of Kodi later.

But you have a lot of other stuff in there, part of which is probably what is causing all your problems (from the comments in the file, maybe the <skiploopfilter> entry at the top?). I would try removing all of those (again unless there is a specific need for them and you know that they work) and see if just the MySQL bit gets your database working. If need be then you can add the other stuff if you must have it in again one by one until you find the bit that's breaking things.

The recommended settings for MySQL (from the wiki - MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi (wiki)) are:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>***.***.***.***</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>***.***.***.***</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
thanks for your advice, I have removed all the other stuff, and it has connected and started up update my MySQL DB

one question on this, is it normal for the Kodi to run approx 5 secs slower no that I have added the Advanced settings to it ?
Depends what you mean by running slower. I am seeing a few pauses (a second or so) on mine (on a Turbo overclocked Pi Mk1 B+) when the database is accessed, which I think is due to the extra time required for accessing the database over the network (my Pi is hard-wired to the router, as is the NAS drive holding the media and the database). The movies and shows play fine, it's just an occasional slowing when moving around the file library.

If your network is slower or you are using wifi then you may see something similar or even more pronounced I would say. In my case it's not something I worry about (I guess due to the limitations of the Pi and it's LAN hardware), whether it bothers you enough is something only you can say.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-05-04, 19:27)DarrenHill Wrote: Depends what you mean by running slower. I am seeing a few pauses (a second or so) on mine (on a Turbo overclocked Pi Mk1 B+) when the database is accessed, which I think is due to the extra time required for accessing the database over the network (my Pi is hard-wired to the router, as is the NAS drive holding the media and the database). The movies and shows play fine, it's just an occasional slowing when moving around the file library.

Hi Mine is the same setup that all the devices are hardwire to each other over the network, I was just rising this issue to see if it is a normal thing, as I understand that the PI is now going to a third device "NAS" to access the MYSQL and PHP database so this will add the few extra sec's to the search.

thanks for your reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not able to find folder stuture1