Ipad with IOS 8.3
Can kodi be installed on a ipad with IOS 8.3? If not, can I downgrade to an earlier release? I've researched both options with no success. Any instructions for either options out there?
(2015-05-02, 21:23)Psubenny Wrote: Can kodi be installed on a ipad with IOS 8.3? If not, can I downgrade to an earlier release? I've researched both options with no success. Any instructions for either options out there?

Downgrade no possible. Wait on next Jailbreak. Or you download Kodi iOS source code and compile in app Big Grin
As noted in the iOS FAQ (wiki), jailbreaking is the very first requirement. If you're not jailbroken then it won't matter what version of iOS you have. iOS cannot be downgraded unless you've saved your blobs, and if you don't know what that is then you haven't saved your blobs.
Depending on the model even blobs are useless. That counts to every current model e.g.
any update on how to install kodi on iOS 8.3 on iPad?
The facts won't change. Without jailbreak normal users are not able to use Kodi on iOS devices.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
There is a way without a jailbreak. Get a code signing service like Zeusmos to sign the den files and install. They usually cost $15 a year per device.
(2015-06-10, 22:51)scj643 Wrote: There is a way without a jailbreak. Get a code signing service like Zeusmos to sign the den files and install. They usually cost $15 a year per device.

This is true, but a Apple has caught a lot of those services and revoked their developer IDs/keys. It would probably be "safer" to find 10 friends on the internet who all want Kodi on a non-jailbroken device, and each pay $10 for your own private developer access, but that seems like a lot of work just for Kodi.

It might sound weird coming from someone on Team Kodi, but while Kodi is awesome on the iPad, it's really easy to access a Kodi library on a PC using various Apple App Store apps. VLC, nPlayer, Infuse, and Emby/Media Browser Mobile, all have nice apps that can also connect to a Kodi library. At least, that should hold you over until a new jailbreak comes out.
Or... not? lol: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229283
I agree with nplayer to access a kodi library it's the best for anime playback at least.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipad with IOS 8.30