Kodi 15 Beta 1 - No Sounds / Audio
Hi,

I tried running Beta 1 on my windows 8.1 box with all updates; However there is absolutely no audio (UI sounds or videos).
I see in log file the following errors which might be related, but the directory in question already exists on the machine:

Code:
20:55:36 T:2088   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\sounds
20:55:36 T:2088   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating special://xbmc/sounds

The directory already exists however.

Adding some key detail about the setup:
Kodi attached to TV via HDMI, through AVR. Window WASPI is the audio method.

I tried the 20150501-71a45cf build, however the same issue exists. Upon returning to 14.2, all is well.

I should note that neither Kodi nor the TV/AVR is muted.

Debug logs located at: http://pastebin.com/hkavWZKj (FYI, the debug are crash logs are still XBMC branded.. Smile )

Created Ticket 15956 for this issue as well...

Adding a piece of information that I left out:
Kodi is attached via HDMI to AVR, which is attached via HDMI to TV. Windows WASPI is the audio method.
i am having this same problem. thank you for post. Please help.
That is a strange error. Have you tried connecting straight to the TV?
Just upgraded myself with exactly the same problem. No audio at all with a red speaker symbol in the top right of the home screen.

Will have to roll-back
Simply re-install 14.2 over this doesn't resolve the problem as now I still have no audio. Are there instructions on how to completely remove all traces ok Kodi from the system so I can do a clean install?
(2015-05-04, 11:33)xma1e Wrote: Just upgraded myself with exactly the same problem. No audio at all with a red speaker symbol in the top right of the home screen.

Will have to roll-back

Try pressing F8
(2015-05-04, 11:33)xma1e Wrote: Just upgraded myself with exactly the same problem. No audio at all with a red speaker symbol in the top right of the home screen.

Will have to roll-back

You have "Mute" on, do as steelman1991 advises
Thanks. Will try this later when I get back home. very odd though as the keyboard is not switched on and the remote turns my amp to mute not the PC.
Do you have any other usb devices connected? such as a gamepad?
Xma1e, you have a different issue (i.e. You've muted Kodi). Please create a separate thread if you don't mind.

@jjd-uk, @kricker, I have never ever used XBMC direct to TV. I will have to re-install 15b2 and test it later tonight (a few hours) after the family go to sleep... Will try, but timing is a little out of my hands.
Hi,

I also seem to have this issue, but on WIndows 7. HTPC is connected to an AV amp by HDMI, and I have tried directsound and wasapi options. I do have gui sounds, but playing a video I get no sound, and the gui sounds also then fail to be produced when returning to the interface. This only seems to happen with some media, namely multi channel HD content, older dvd quality with 2ch audio seems ok. Restarting Kodi doesn't bring the gui sounds back, but doing an audio test in Windows (i.e. attempting to configure surround sound) seems to reset the audio and then opening Kodi the gui sounds are back.

Also, in the Audio Output options, if output configuration is set as Optimized, then videos freeze after a few seconds, skipping forward or back works but it freezes again after a few seconds. Setting it to Fixed 192 sampling rate then video playback is normal (though still with no audio).
(2015-05-05, 01:26)edrikk Wrote: @jjd-uk, @kricker, I have never ever used XBMC direct to TV. I will have to re-install 15b2 and test it later tonight (a few hours) after the family go to sleep... Will try, but timing is a little out of my hands.

I see nothing obviously wrong in your log, the audio device seems to get initialised with no problem, haven't you don't attempt to play anything so could you do the log again and attempt to play a video where you're getting no sound. Also can you explain what happens when you play videos? absolutely nothing? starts to launch videos then goes back to GUI? or plays video silently?
Here is a debug log: http://pastebin.com/zyVBEhyr as I seem to have the same issue. Videos play fine, but no audio is produced.
Yes exactly. Video plays but no audio.
I see this in the log:

19:15:32 T:4932  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86018

19:15:32 T:4932   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Opening

19:15:32 T:4932   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Failed

19:15:32 T:4932   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: FFmpeg - Opening

19:15:32 T:1468   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoOverlay.xml) ------

19:15:32 T:1468    INFO: Loading skin file: VideoOverlay.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY

19:15:32 T:1372  NOTICE: Thread RefClock start, auto delete: false

19:15:32 T:1372   DEBUG: CVideoSyncD3D: Setting up Direct3d

19:15:32 T:4932   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: FFmpeg - Opened

19:15:32 T:4932  NOTICE: Creating audio thread

What were you audio output settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15 Beta 1 - No Sounds / Audio0