[SOLVED] Every time I boot Cleaning Database takes 3+ minutes.
I'm not really sure what it's cleaning to be taking this long ever time. It just started doing this today.

Quote:08:53:53 T:1956483072 NOTICE: CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 03:44

kodi.log

You guys see anything in my log? I sure don't.
/ OSMC on Raspberry Pi 3 / Kodi 17 RC / FireTV Stick /
library cleaning should be faster with 15.0 beta1 if you want to give it a try
(2015-05-03, 11:48)da-anda Wrote: library cleaning should be faster with 15.0 beta1 if you want to give it a try

Is there a way to give 15.0 a shot without losing everything I've done on my current OSMC install?
No idea if OSMC has v15 test builds, but if you have a spare SD-card simply flash one of the Milhouse OE builds to it and copy over your userdata folder.

edit: your problem could also be related to this, which I've been pointed to: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15950
(2015-05-03, 13:24)da-anda Wrote: No idea if OSMC has v15 test builds, but if you have a spare SD-card simply flash one of the Milhouse OE builds to it and copy over your userdata folder.

edit: your problem could also be related to this, which I've been pointed to: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15950

Yeaahhhhh. Being the bug was only reported 4 days ago I'd think it's unlikely it's been fixed in v15.

I have a spare SD card but I'll be damned if I can find the thing!
Well, I believe I've figured out why my database cleans are taking a long time.

I had a source on another computer configured and later removed it.

Now, if that computer is turned on, the database clean goes quick as anything.

If, however, the computer is not turned on and I don't have kodi configured to try and wake it, the database clean takes 3 minutes and a few seconds. That's 3 minutes longer than a database clean usually takes so I guess it's waiting for the system to wake up before continuing.

But like I said, the source is no longer configured in Kodi. Any ideas?
(2015-05-04, 22:45)leetwanker Wrote: But like I said, the source is no longer configured in Kodi. Any ideas?

How did you remove it, as it's probably still referenced in your database, so Kodi is still checking it.

When you remove a source you should answer "Yes" to the prompt "Do you want to remove all items within this path from your library?".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-04, 23:43)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 22:45)leetwanker Wrote: But like I said, the source is no longer configured in Kodi. Any ideas?

How did you remove it, as it's probably still referenced in your database, so Kodi is still checking it.

When you remove a source you should answer "Yes" to the prompt "Do you want to remove all items within this path from your library?".

During a few library updates - before I removed the source - it complained about not being able to access the server. I answered Keep for the next time the server was up so it wouldn't have to re-add everything. Maybe that was it, maybe it was something else, not sure.

Now that it is stuck there though, how do I get it out? I would think that was exactly what cleaning the database should fix.
I think the usual method is to add the source back, then remove it again but this time answer "Yes" to the prompt. Probably best to do this while the server is up.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will do.

Someone should post this as a bug.
UPDATE:

Brought the server online.

Added 3 sources from it.

Scanned everything into the database.

Update/Cleaned the library.

Removed sources.

Shut down server.

Rebooted Pi/Kodi.

Update/Cleaned the library again.

And it's still taking 3+ minutes Cleaning up library every time it scans. And only when that server isn't online.

Edit: Library's been cleaning since I posted this. Over 30 minutes now.

Edit 2: I got tired of waiting for the scan to finish. Deleted everything in ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/. Problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Every time I boot Cleaning Database takes 3+ minutes.0