Win Kodi loads in the background as opposed to foreground when using MCE remote
Just upgraded my win 7 box to win 8, and have been reinstalling Kodi.

Like the previous setup, I used autohotkey, with the GSB script to load Kodi when hitting the big green button on my MCE remote.

Now Kodi loads when I press the button, but it loads in the background. If I press the button again it switches to the foreground, but I'd like it to work with just one click.

Have looked around the settings, but it seems to be exactly like it was under my win 7 setup. Any suggestions bar clicking the button twice?!

Thanks
Bit bizarre, but if press Ctrl + Alt + Enter it loads up full screen.
Clicking on the green button (which is effectively a shortcut to ctrl + alt + enter) still loads in the background.
(2015-05-03, 12:59)Mavers Wrote: Just upgraded my win 7 box to win 8, and have been reinstalling Kodi.

Like the previous setup, I used autohotkey, with the GSB script to load Kodi when hitting the big green button on my MCE remote.

Now Kodi loads when I press the button, but it loads in the background. If I press the button again it switches to the foreground, but I'd like it to work with just one click.

Have looked around the settings, but it seems to be exactly like it was under my win 7 setup. Any suggestions bar clicking the button twice?!

Thanks

No solution - but just chiming in to confirm behaviour as described.

Looks like the support thread for this method of start-up is dead http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=78179&page=86

There are several posts there of a similar nature and no solution offered. haven't seen elitegamer around for some time. Maybe he'll pop back in again and suggest a remedy. In the meantime I can live with a second remote press, until a solution is found.
I solved the issue by putting below in my advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

And to make sure nothing is "stealing focus" I installed KodiLauncher and enabled the "Check focus only once".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi loads in the background as opposed to foreground when using MCE remote0