Solved Video noise when start/close Kodi
Hello,

Edit: damn cellphone autocorrect! Its weir not video noise! Can a mod fix the tiltle?

I changed my ssd drive so I just format and reinstall everything but the weird thing is that now when I start or close Kodi I have this video noise effect for like 3 seconds then everything runs fine. It's like the video card has some switching process and meanwhile shows this. In this process I cannot see the skin logo or the Kodi logo loading. Any suggestions about how to solve this?

Here is the pic
I have seen this before on my system. Although for me it was an odd occurance. It happened once after watching a show. I have only seen it happen twice in a year so it is not a normal occurance. Capture a debug log replicating the issue and maybe we can figure it out. See the wiki if needed about the debug log.
(2015-05-04, 03:23)kricker Wrote: I have seen this before on my system. Although for me it was an odd occurance. It happened once after watching a show. I have only seen it happen twice in a year so it is not a normal occurance. Capture a debug log replicating the issue and maybe we can figure it out. See the wiki if needed about the debug log.

Here is the debug log, hope someone can help !

http://goo.gl/WaWbtu
I am not the best of deciphering the log but maybe this is a clue:

23:30:33 T:4940  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_AAC" on device "SC-2022-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)" seems to be not supported.

23:30:33 T:4944    INFO: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink

23:30:33 T:4944   DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - trying to open device WASAPI:{49A23264-789F-4EC3-8ABB-00ACCF6A7981}

23:30:33 T:4944   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: IsFormatSupported failed (AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT) - trying to find a compatible format

23:30:33 T:4944    INFO: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: WASAPI Exclusive Mode Sink Initialized using: AE_FMT_S24NE4MSB, 44100, 2

23:30:33 T:4944   DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - WASAPI Initialized:

23:30:33 T:4944   DEBUG:   Output Device : HDMI - SC-2022-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)

What do you have set as your audio out? Maybe it is causing this odd issue.
I found the problem now the point is..."why?" And "how to solve this?"

After some test I understood that the problem shows up only if I let the resolution @60hz. If its set to 1080p@59 I can directly see the Kodi startup logo and when I close the application there are no problems. If its set to 1080p I can tranquilly use windows but when I start Kodi I'll have the weird video noise of the picture (for like three seconds and then is fine) and I'll see it again when I close it.

This is a new install of Kodi, I changed HDD so I had to format and reinstall everything but the rest of the hw is the same...

Any suggestions? I already uninstalled and installed the video cards drivers :-(

Please help !
What refresh rates does your TV support? You may want to start there and look up the TV specs. Also check for Video driver issues/updates. Do you connect straight to the TV or through an AV system?
(2015-05-07, 20:37)kricker Wrote: What refresh rates does your TV support? You may want to start there and look up the TV specs. Also check for Video driver issues/updates. Do you connect straight to the TV or through an AV system?

The TV support that refresh indeed before formatting and reinstalling everything on my HTPC it was working pefectly. I pass by an AV System. As I said everything started when I changed SSD Drive and I had to reinstall OS and applications, the rest of the system remained the same, only thing changed are SSD itself and the passage from Windows 7 64Bit to Windows 8.1 Upd3 64Bit..

Tried different drivers but the problem remains.
Very odd. Sorry I can't shed anymore light one this. Looks like it'll take more investigation. It seems like some sort of HDMI handshake issue.
(2015-05-08, 16:08)kricker Wrote: Very odd. Sorry I can't shed anymore light one this. Looks like it'll take more investigation. It seems like some sort of HDMI handshake issue.

Looks like I found something (after losing a lot of time on this...): if I start Kodi it gives me the problem, but then if I go in settigs...
- Change from full screen to windowed mode
- Shows the video noise for about 3 secs
- Change it back to Full screen
- Shows the video noise for about 3 secs

But now it won't do it anymore until next PC restart. I can close and restart Kodi and it won't do it anymore, until as I said next reboot of the PC.

Any suggestion?
Found it! The problem was the wrong setting here:

Quote:Image

I think I never paid attention to that page before in my life...
Ahh a display driver issue. Sounds about right. It was definatley a HDMI handshake issue then. Did you switch it to no scaling?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video noise when start/close Kodi0