Cant access settings
Hi, I'm relatively new to XBMC/Kodi and have no technical knowledge re linux based systems.

Ive recently installed Openelec on my Nuc, and at some point I lost half of my home screen buttons. Now i only have favourites and videos and no way to access the settings or the file manager. I have tried numerous keyboard/remote button combinations and can find no way to get back to them. Ive read about accessing the userdata folder and deleting the gui.xml file but I have no idea how to do this.

Can anyone help?
If you know the IP of xour box, take putty and SSH (wiki) in

After you are in, you can either edit or delete the guisettings.xml file. Look for this file in /storage/.kodi/userdata

If you don't care about your settings, you can do a factory reset by renaming the .kodi folder...

Code:
mv /storage/.kodi /storage/kodi-old

this will do a factory reset and a new .kodi folder will be created at next boot.

Greetings

Edit: the ssh wiki mentions 'Kodibuntu'...don 't care about it, it works for openelec in the same way
I appreciate the prompt response.

I realised that id hidden the settings item on the home screen in the home window tab of skin settings. Actually as it was a fairly fresh install and i still had the boot USB i decided just to reinstall which was a fairly quick process.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant access settings0