Review of Kodi for FireTV
I just went to Amazon to see if the Kodi App has been marked as "compatible" with the FireTV yet.

(It hasn't.)

While there, I was reading some of the "most helpful reviews".

The second one down was short and to the point, and I thought "that's exactly how I feel about Kodi!".

Then I looked at who wrote the review...

...it was me.

It was exactly how I felt about it, though!

Big Grin
lol
I saw a discussion asking about what side-loading meant. I Nedded them with a wiki link.
I use fire tv to run Kodi, it works fine. Been using it for 5 months now.
Has anyone on here tried the Isengard 15 beta with the Amazon Fire TV yet? How is it? Is it a simple case of sideloading and installing as with the Helix version, and no settings will be lost, or is it more complicated than that?
(2015-05-29, 18:17)stigdu Wrote: Has anyone on here tried the Isengard 15 beta with the Amazon Fire TV yet? How is it? Is it a simple case of sideloading and installing as with the Helix version, and no settings will be lost, or is it more complicated than that?

Yes. I've tried it. Uninstall 14.2 - sideload Isengard.

That said, I had lots of crashes/freezes playing videos that play (and have played) just fine on my other FTVs running 14.2.

Short answer. I'd wait ...
Please do not uninstall previous versions first. That will erase all settings and is never required. Just install the new version on top of the old one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Review of Kodi for FireTV0