No video signal when starting or stopping a movie
I'm on Windows 8.1 Update 64-bit and running 14.2 Helix with a mySQL 5.6 backend

Gear:
TV: Panasonic TC-65AX800U
Receiver: Denon AVR-S900W-R
PC: Intel k7 4700k, SSD along with an EVGA GTX 980 SC
Media is served off of a Synology NAS

PC is connected to the cable in on the AVR and then the TV out goes to the Panasonic so the AVR does all the switching

When I attempt to watch most TV shows and most movies, I wind up getting a delay. The audio starts playing almost immediately (a bit over a second) but the video lags, sometimes by 7 or 8 seconds and all I see is a blank screen. as I wait At this point one of two things happens:

1) The video and audio are in sync and I can watch my show

2) My TV displays "No signal...." However, if I use my remote to go to the right or left, I hear the "swoosh" sound from Kodi. But my TV stays at "No signal.." The only way to fix this is to switch the input to something else and then switch back . Usually that brings my video back

I'm running my screen at 3840x2160
display mode is full screen
Adjust display refresh rate to match video is set to 'On Start/Stop"
No pause is set for refresh rate change
I've enabled passthrough via WASAPI to my denon receiver and have selected all capabilities (TrueHD, dts-hd, etc)

Thoughts on how I can have both audio and video in sync?

[EDIT due to fat finger]
Sure about 2840*2160 or did you mean 3840*2160?
Oops! I did mean 3840*2160 , I'll edit above, thanks!
First thing I would do is skip the receiver. Connect the PC directly to the TV. Test. If it works as expected then you know the culprit is the receiver. Then you can start working on a plan to deal with that.
I connected the PC directly to the TV and ran through a couple of movies and didn't notice any issues. I had a couple of delays for the video to start but they all played without any video being lost
Then you need to investigate why your receiver is causing your issue.
(2015-05-04, 22:58)macrho Wrote: I connected the PC directly to the TV and ran through a couple of movies and didn't notice any issues. I had a couple of delays for the video to start but they all played without any video being lost

The delay is caused because of your TV switches to 24p and if you stop the video, it switches back to 60. So, in this case...normal behaviour.

Maybe you could check if a firmware update for your AVR is available

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video signal when starting or stopping a movie0