Rii Mini Keyboard with Touch Pad Review
I'm not too fond on these things, I've had one for around a year now. I love the feel and the backlight but my main issue is that it times out after 2-3 minutes and goes into standby, presumably to save battery. Nothing wrong with that, you'd think. Except the issue is that, when you press any button to bring it back online, it takes a couple of seconds to reconnect, so if you want to do something like lower the volume quickly or pause whatever you're watching, you can't do it without this irritating delay.

I have another cheaper keypad without backlight that looks identical, it's basically a rip off of the first generation Rii. This stays online all the time unless you turn it off so doesn't suffer from this problem. Sure, the battery won't last as long between charges, but this is a sacrifice I'm willing to make. And it still only needs charging once a week. I use this more, although I do miss the backlight.

I've just bought one of these which is due for delivery today. I'm hoping it's the best of both worlds, backlight and no standby.
As suspected, the Rii rip off linked above that I bought works fine, with no timeout. By far a better option and cheaper too.
Might have to check that out. The delay is a bit of a bother, but not a deal-killer for me.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I have the Rii 8 with backlight and it worked perfectly in 16.1 but the mouse no longer works in Kodi 17. Apart from being offset, clicking on anything doesn't do anything - no highlighting, no nothing. All the buttons work though which is fine when using most addons. One of the addons it doesn't work with is Trakt - no buttons, no mouse will shift those hearts!
I have Rii i8+ -- https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyb...PNCT3YRSH6 -- and this works perfect on all my android devices. I have KODI 17 on my main box and use it every night. Im not sure if the one you have is the same as mine, but if not maybe you should try it.
(2017-02-10, 18:48)Jokerchyld Wrote: I have Rii i8+ -- https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyb...PNCT3YRSH6 -- and this works perfect on all my android devices. I have KODI 17 on my main box and use it every night. Im not sure if the one you have is the same as mine, but if not maybe you should try it.

Yes, that's the one I have.

Do you have Trakt? If so, can you use the mouse features on the Rii to rate anything?
Noticed a comment about someone's touchpad stopping to work, Mine did the same. To determine if mine were a knockoff or authentic, I pulled the battery to look. Mine is a knockoff but when I put the battery back in the mouse started working again. I guess like a cell phone, the battery can reset the system.
I just received my Rii i8 in the mail. Keyboard is charged and connected. Number keys are working but the letters are not. Is there a particular button I need to press to get the letters to work?
I just plugged keyboard into my pc and works fine. Any idea why parts of the keyboard won't work when plugged into my tv?
(2017-02-12, 14:31)hexenbeest Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 18:48)Jokerchyld Wrote: I have Rii i8+ -- https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyb...PNCT3YRSH6 -- and this works perfect on all my android devices. I have KODI 17 on my main box and use it every night. Im not sure if the one you have is the same as mine, but if not maybe you should try it.

Yes, that's the one I have.

Do you have Trakt? If so, can you use the mouse features on the Rii to rate anything?

Sorry I don't have trakt, but the mouse should work regardless.
Hello I just got one of these and I'm pretty sure I've got the real thing...

My wife likes to play word games where you swipe on the screen - is there some way I can do this using the Rii mouse pad ?
So i have this little wireless keyboard which has the brand name of Beelink on the back. Im curious how i connect it to my phone or if its supposed to be connected to a certain device (ie. Tv or Tablet). If i need amy other parts for it,i dont have any....all i got is the keyboard itself. If anyone knows anything about it,please let me know....and if I'm missing any parts,where can i get the needed pieces/parts? Can someone please assist me? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii Mini Keyboard with Touch Pad Review0