Possible to manually update show list in "dead" add-on? - twit.tv video add-on
Hi all,

Let me preface this with I have no particular programming skills, just trying to poke and prod enough to get this working...

It looks like the developer divingmule hasn't updated his twit.tv video add on in a very long time, and hasn't been active on these forums in about a year. That said, it's still working in general... my understanding is that it's built with some sort of script that scrapes the twit.tv website for new content. All of the listed shows are current, showing their most recent episode.

The problem I'm running into is that there's a new show that debuted this weekend, The New Screen Savers, that isn't showing up as its own show entry. It does show up in the "latest videos" feed, but I'm trying to get it to show as its own individual show, like the other shows do.

Going into the plugin's folder, it looks like there's a python script that goes to the main show listing page and scrapes the available shows. This is my first point of confusion though, in that I'm not clear if it's actually doing this or not. It's not picking up the new Screen Savers show, even though it's listed on the listing page along with all the other shows. The Shows file date is not current, which leads me to believe that script isn't actually running - I'd expect it to have a more current file date if it was running and editing the Shows file.

So I thought then I'd just manually update the Shows file. I mimicked the entry for a different show, copying it's structure exactly but with the new show's details. This isn't working though, as it never shows up in the add-on's Kodi menu.

So I'm stumped. I'd guess my lack of deep programming knowledge may be causing me to miss something obvious, so I thought I'd pop on here and see if anyone had any ideas? I guess it could also be an issue with the twit.tv site that's causing it to not be detected. I'm puzzled though.

Thanks!

Show listing page: http://twit.tv/shows

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to manually update show list in "dead" add-on? - twit.tv video add-on0