Req Playback history in KODI player
It would be nice to have the player REMEMBER, 10 or 100 last played videos/files/streams.

That way if machine is powered off, or what not, it is easy to go back to last played movie/file/stream, or go back to one you watched 2 days ago...

Sort of like browser history, or any word processing doc, that has last-opened files, you can clear, etc. but that would greatly improve navigation, since some times it takes a long time to get to a stream, and if u want to get to it the next day, a lot of effort is spent to search it in the various addons..

Thanks.
I just posted the same thing after doing a search for last played viewed. My thinking was say the last 5/10 films/tv episodes watched (that's all I use my box for) and it would be an easy enough thing to click on and take you back to what you were watching if say someone else had watched something else in between
The boxee box build had this and it was great. There is an add-on called 'My Watched History' but it doesn't seem to work. We already have watched info being recorded so I'm guessing we just need a gui for that info.
I think this could be accomplished with http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
I think smart playlists only works with items from the library, which I don't use at all. I only play files and streams.
For my own movies and series I made a smart playlist containing the started (but not yet finished) movies and series. It shows the last 25, and if one is finished and there are still older items exceeding those 25, it gets filled to 25 again. I added one to my movie hub and to my series hub (in Eminence skin) and it works perfectl
This is a feature I'd love, & have been really missing ever since I started using Kodi. As badbob001 mentioned, smart playlists only seem to work for items in your library, and there are quite a few reasons why not requiring an item to be in the library before such functionality would work is meaningful. For instance:
*Videos that could never be identified by a scraper (i.e. home videos, commercials, random clips downloaded from the internet, one-time TV specials in foreign languages, etc)
*Videos that shouldn't be added to the library (i.e. a movie on the local system, vs on the shared location referenced by shared MySQL library)
*Videos the user simply doesn't want added to the library (for privacy reasons)

Without any sort of "recently played" list, I often find myself navigating around trying to figure out where I left off. Sometimes I've resorted to writing down my list manually in a separate text file, which I then look up prior to browsing around to those files. This seems silly, but try as I might, I've been unable to figure out a way to have Kodi keep a list of recently-played files (not library items).
Incase anyones interested theres now an addon that does this
"Last Played (all the sources)"
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279131

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback history in KODI player0