Nexus 7 crashes after 2 seconds of playback
Whenever I try to play a video file from my Synology, Kodi closes down after exactly 2 seconds of playback and throws me back to the Android homescreen.

Streaming services play fine and I've got Kodi working with the NAS on Raspberry Pi and Windows so would appreciate a little help to get it working on my Nexus 7.

Last crash log is below -

http://xbmclogs.com/pyytfqoxc
***MOD EDIT:Removed***
Stop telling people that turning off HW acceleration is a fix, because it is not. I'm sorry, I know you're just trying to share what you think is helpful information, but what you said is a major misconception that is causing us more issues. It's such a problem that I've removed that post.

We will be glad to try and help you correctly fix this situation, but I can't have yet another forum post clogging up search results that tell people the wrong information.
Try disabling MediaCodec in the Video-acceleration setting
I've disabled MediaCodec in video acceleration. So it's hardware accelerated with libstagefright.

Now I'm getting 8 seconds of audio with a black screen then the player freezes. The log uploader wasn't working and the log file came out pretty big so had to upload here -

kodi.log
(2015-05-05, 08:01)Koying Wrote: Try disabling MediaCodec in the Video-acceleration setting

This fixed it for me.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus 7 crashes after 2 seconds of playback0